Any advice on snatchblock?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iowaowb

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Bought a three point skidding winch and I really like it, I am still learning a lot. I have pulled most of the easier stuff and am now getting to the harder pulls around other trees and etc. Did get a snatch block for it and I am not sure what I need to do different but it keeps self releasing to soon I have it setting pulley side up the lever is closed on the cable and pulley and as soon has I start pulling a lot of times it just releases as soon as the cable pulls tight. If it doesn't release right away off it works fine. It is a wallenstein winch and snatch block.

Try running it upside down?? I know one of the different mfg of snatch blocks you flip it so it doesn't release, or reverse it so it does release.

Congrats on the winch. What did you get?? We need pics!

Just remember to take it slow. You can get in a whole lot of trouble real fast with these. Also, just a tip, you dodn't need your engine RPM to be very high...at idle or a nudge above it.

Back