Any good welders on here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not really thinking about buying that thing ............ are you?

Sam

Why not, it would fit in perfectly with his climbing gear. He owns and operates a tree service, dontcha know.

http://www.arboristsite.com/arborist-101/212940.htm

IMG_0012climbinggear.jpg

Why not, it would fit in perfectly with his climbing gear. He owns and operates a tree service, dontcha know.

Oh I see, well then it begins to make more sense.

He needs to go make some money in another way, then get some better "taste" in equipment and then try again.

If you showed up wearing such equipment and holding that saw (running or not) even small children and toddlers would know you were a tree hack and advise their parents to get someone else.

True enough that equipment doesn't make the operator, but it can make him look a little better. There is "wore" from use and "wore" from wore out, his current equipment line up appears that it will be the later.

Sam

Oh I see, well then it begins to make more sense.

He needs to go make some money in another way, then get some better "taste" in equipment and then try again.

If you showed up wearing such equipment and holding that saw (running or not) even small children and toddlers would know you were a tree hack and advise their parents to get someone else.

True enough that equipment doesn't make the operator, but it can make him look a little better. There is "wore" from use and "wore" from wore out, his current equipment line up appears that it will be the later.

Sam

Depending on the day he has 2,6 or 10 years of tree service experience. He climbs with spikes, but then he says he never used the spikes in that pic though

I like to find out if they are any good cylinder welders on here before i buy something and find out that it can't be fixed.

Well I'll let the pictures and the ad on e-bay tell you the story.

Echo CS 8000 Same as John Deere 800VX Chainsaw Powerhead for Parts or Repair | eBay

Charles, I have two responses.

1. If you're serious, keep your money and wait for a saw in better condition. Even if you got it with a really low 'Best Offer,' it's still a project saw that could easily cost you some $$$ :bang:.

2. If you're reading the responses and ROTFLYAO :msp_lol:, congratulations, you got quite a few folks to bite.

You're not really thinking about buying that thing ............ are you?

Sam

I'm not gone yet. But you want to see pictures then here they are. I don't have any of my climbing gear yet but give me time.

As for the business cards i got to go pick a box up tomorrow. But As for my insurnce and workmans comp and stuff i'm not going take pictures of it because someone could print them off and make copies then if they go out and screw something up then it comes back on me.

But here is my saws i use in my business. And yes i know my little Echo CS3000 doesn't have a chain on it in the picture that is when i first bought it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

No, he's serious

An aircraft cylinder shop could take care of the spark plug hole. My opinion is that is too much for a saw with that many issues. I think it's about $100 worth of parts saw.

Charles, I have two responses.

1. If you're serious, keep your money and wait for a saw in better condition. Even if you got it with a really low 'Best Offer,' it's still a project saw that could easily cost you some $$$ :bang:.

2. If you're reading the responses and ROTFLYAO :msp_lol:, congratulations, you got quite a few folks to bite.

I'm not serious about buying it. i was just looking for a clutch cover with a brake and i ran up on this. I was going to message him and see if he will take 50 or so for it. if he won't then i'll wish him good luck on selling it.

I'm not serious about buying it. i was just looking for a clutch cover with a brake and i ran up on this. I was going to message him and see if he will take 50 or so for it. if he won't then i'll wish him good luck on selling it.

Right, ................. thats what it seemed like.

Sam

After the first few responses I thought this thread would die a peaceful death. I see that I should have subscribed and stuff. It's a other palce to get some valuable information. :popcorn:

I seen your 8000 for sale elsewhere and you stated it had been sold. So which is it? :dizzy::msp_rolleyes::confused:

Sold on cragslist for 500.00 thanks everyone for looking.

Now i can fix my truck and get it running again

Even says you replace clutch cover already. :msp_sneaky:

I have a used but good running Echo CS8000 for sale. i need to sale it to get a other engine for my S10 truck. i hate to sell this saw but this is the only way to get my truck going again.

I'll sell it for 500.00 but consider all other offers for it. i replaced the clutch cover and a few other parts and bought a new 30 inch carlton bar with a full chisel oregon chain.

Last edited:
At that price, I'd pass.

If it was given to me .............. I'd pass.

A man must know his limitations and must have some level of standards, the OP is on a course to learn his limitations ............ and they appear to be somewhat low.

Sam

Latest posts

Back