Any Holz Hausen wood piles out there?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any real benefit to the hola hausen vs regular stacking and seasoning? Other than it being a great conversation piece and they look really cool. I am splitting and stacking for next winter now and I'm considering trying one.

Maybe I can flip it....

..nope..weird..I DL it, tried re uploading, no dice. then I flipeed it in my graphics viewer, renamed it, uploaded, still upside down....think I will go back to having javascript turned off with this site, too buggy..

Anyway, I looked at it right side up, dang nice stack man! Several members here have built them, but I think all the pics are gone.

I've been trying also zogger, it saves right side up, try loading and its upside down. Even tried loading it upside down hoping it would right itself. Nope. It wants to be upside down!

I've been trying also zogger, it saves right side up, try loading and its upside down. Even tried loading it upside down hoping it would right itself. Nope. It wants to be upside down!
Thanks for attempting to fix my error. I will enlist the skills of my college student kid for any future pic.

Is there any real benefit to the hola hausen vs regular stacking and seasoning? Other than it being a great conversation piece and they look really cool. I am splitting and stacking for next winter now and I'm considering trying one.
My wife and I built this one as we have 15 plus cords stacked all over the yard and it was time for something new. I hope to check moisture content in the spring. 6months after it was made.

They do look nice and are very popular in Europe. Just seems like a lot of extra time involved for the same results as a conventional stack. I suppose if space is limited they would be a good choice.

This is a dumb question, but how do bees and wasps feel about these as compared to a traditional stack? Particularly those prick yellow jackets. I want to make one or 2 of these, so I don't encroach on my garden with extra wood. Those little flying creeps harass me all summer and I don't want to attract any more than usual.

image.jpg
It's not as neat as yours and, I don't have a pic of the top finished but the dimensions are 10' diameter and 9' tall

Back