Any idea what I should sell this for?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kedkins22

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am selling my Dad's Stihl ms260 pro. He finally upgraded to a ms362 and no longer needs the 260. The saw is very clean, low hours and has a newer chain on it. I see that Stihl has gotten rid of this model so I am hoping you guys have an idea how much I should ask. Here are some pics. Thanks! image (1).jpegimage (2).jpegimage (3).jpegimage (4).jpegimage (5).jpeg

No more than $50, including shipping. Just 'cause you're on the site I'll give $55. I'll PM with an address.

OK, seriously now. It all depends on the market. Under NO circumstances would I take less than $250. In the end, it's worth whatever someone will pay for it. The guys here know it's a fine saw and will pay a reasonable price. Put it in the Trading Post on here and see how it goes.

Who's next?

No more than $50, including shipping. Just 'cause you're on the site I'll give $55. I'll PM with an address.

OK, seriously now. It all depends on the market. Under NO circumstances would I take less than $250. In the end, it's worth whatever someone will pay for it. The guys here know it's a fine saw and will pay a reasonable price. Put it in the Trading Post on here and see how it goes.
I

Who's next?
'll do $65 and send you a thank you card ( saw must be clean and chain sharp) :blob2: I'll wait for your reply.

I am selling my Dad's Stihl ms260 pro. He finally upgraded to a ms362 and no longer needs the 260. The saw is very clean, low hours and has a newer chain on it. I see that Stihl has gotten rid of this model so I am hoping you guys have an idea how much I should ask. Here are some pics. Thanks! View attachment 316739View attachment 316740View attachment 316741View attachment 316742View attachment 316743

That is a very nice 260 (minty for sure). I say at least $250 if everything is in working order and no work needs to be done (such as carb kit, fuel line, fuel filter, etc.). I believe a new 261 is in the $6-700 range!!! AS is not a seller's market; but, a lot of saws change hands here. My advice,,,send it to TLandrum (Wicked Work Saws) and have it ported, keep it for yourself and never look back. It will blow your mind next time you run it after porting. He did one for me and I can't imagine ever getting rid of it. For some reason I like running it better than a bigger ported saw. It just doesn't seem right for a small saw to cut with so much anger,,,like a PO'd gremlin or tasmanian devil. You won't want to sell it; but if you do, you won't lose any money on the port job. People on here like ported saws for sure.

For what it is worth, I purchased the same MS260 Pro, 16" .325 chain for about $220 plus tax at a pawn shop about 7 months ago. The saw I purchased is is good condition but Your saw looks better.

That is a very nice 260 (minty for sure). I say at least $250 if everything is in working order and no work needs to be done (such as carb kit, fuel line, fuel filter, etc.). I believe a new 261 is in the $6-700 range!!! AS is not a seller's market; but, a lot of saws change hands here. My advice,,,send it to TLandrum (Wicked Work Saws) and have it ported, keep it for yourself and never look back. It will blow your mind next time you run it after porting. He did one for me and I can't imagine ever getting rid of it. For some reason I like running it better than a bigger ported saw. It just doesn't seem right for a small saw to cut with so much anger,,,like a PO'd gremlin or tasmanian devil. You won't want to sell it; but if you do, you won't lose any money on the port job. People on here like ported saws for sure.

The 261 is $559 list price. I just picked up one. I would imagine the 260 should be worth $250ish. If it was at a local pawn shop here they would probably want 400 for it(a couple of the pawn shops in town have a 024av for 299 that are rough as all get out)

and I would bump you guys to 75 and some empty dr. thunder cans

I seen one in worst condition (outside of the saw) sell for $330 here in the PNW without a case

I went thru it and check many things on it and it looked really good under the hood

Thanks for everyones input, I really am tempted to take up some of the early offers! The Wild Thing with a scored piston has really peaked my interest:msp_tongue: I am gonna put it on my local CL and see what happens. Thanks again.

Good luck with your sale, they are desirable saws and command good money when sold. However, if you look in the right place they can be had for less, I found this one in a consignment shop for $45.00.

Stihl026013.jpg

I pick one up for $60. with 3 chains/tools/manual and a six pack of oil from a home owner. Best deal I ever got on a saw.

Latest posts

Back