Any inherent design advantages to the 576 XP compared to a 372 XP.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If someone could come up with a tunnel into the 5 series main PCB board and figure out a way to make them run just a touch more fuel, I believe they would run cooler and hot restarts would be much easier. I live in Wisconsin so its not even that hot, cant imagine running one of these down south. I find that if the air temp is below 60F I don't have any starting problems.
Open the muffler up. Done.

Husqvarna seems more interested in selling automatic lawn mowers than high quality saws these days. Sad but true. The 3 series XP saws will never be replaced with a better product. When manufacturers come out with a new design it should do everything the old models did plus more. Simply not the case with the 5 series XP saws.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Husky is getting out of the gasoline powered mower business. I was hoping to find one of there excellent Honda pawered push mowers.

Do you have any pictures of this modification? I need the spark screen in place for cutting national forest land.
Which saw? 572 pull the screen, open exhaust up, grind or drill baffle out through opening in back of muffler, install screen and remount to saw. All saws about the same, get exhaust gas faster, to reduce heat.

I am always cruising through Fleabay and CL looking for mufflers or spark arrestors that can work with out too much modifications. I bought two the other day for $5.75 shipped. I took the cover off of a muffler then did a little body work on the muffler to allow the rectangle screen to be enclosed. The USFS guys do not care what time of year it is they check for arresting screens. Saws with out screens and maybe you will go to jail. Thanks

Here is the list and comments, but also note I am not recommending another brand. I am a Husqvarna fan just wish they could do a little better on the current designs.

550XP original - hot start issues, excellent fuel economy
550XP Mark 2 - hot start issues, heavier than 346
555 - hot start issues
572XP - heavier than 372, solid feel, good anti-vibe

346XP - never a problem
372XP OE - never a problem
372XT - not a bad saw, but prefer OE
390XP - never a problem
2171 - never a problem, lots of hours on saw.

MJM,
If I understand correctly:
The 372XT is a newer saw with an X-torq motor... and the 372XP-OE is an older saw with a non-xtorq motor. Am I correct ?

372xp advantages:
Simple, proven design. Lighter weight than 5-series 576/572. Smaller chassis feels more maneuverable. Quad port transfers, good power for 70cc, can run a 24” bar, manual tuning carb. Lots of parts availability new, used, and aftermarket/clone.
Disadvantages: older design, AV not as smooth, fuel efficiency isn’t as good, but got better with the x-torq models.

576xp advantages:
First gen auto-tune so no more fussing with carb adjustments. More power than 372xp, can run 28” bar. Very smooth anti vib, better fuel efficiency with x-torq strato cylinder design and auto tune.
Disadvantages : first gen auto tune, missing some features and they were still working out the bugs. Heavier than 372xp. Silver paint wears off too easily. Feels like a big chassis. Auto tune more self-contained, not to connect to computer for diagnostics.

572xp advantages:
Latest design, smooth AV, great fuel efficiency, very good power for 70cc, third gen auto tune, built like a tank, big beefy bearings, better paint, improved air filter design.
Disadvantages: heavier than 372xp, expensive, early in product life cycle so possible changes may still come, bigger chassis feels like 90cc saw, more complicated to try to fix yourself.

Derf pretty much performed a detailed overview, and summed it all up thoroughly.
Thank you.

the 576xp .........advantages over the the 372xp are as follows.............., it has more low end torque , slightly more power , it's super smooth, low vibration saw , who wants to talk about it's dis-advantages ??? the list is long ..the op said nothing about auto tune

the 576xp .........advantages over the the 372xp are as follows.............., it has more low end torque , slightly more power , it's super smooth, low vibration saw , who wants to talk about it's dis-advantages ??? the list is long ..the op said nothing about auto tune

Rblack, I'd like to hear the long list of disadvantages on the 576XP non-auto tune. I'm still thinking of eventually buying one if the right deal comes along, and I could use your input.

Mudfly , Deleted member said in the second post it cannot be hooked up to software. I want to know why.
if you don’t have an answer then don’t reply!
Sorry. Not trying to get under your skin. You are asking a question, so am I.

Rblack, I'd like to hear the long list of disadvantages on the 576XP non-auto tune. I'm still thinking of eventually buying one if the right deal comes along, and I could use your input.
Their good saws , i have owned one for a couple years , they are heavy , its the early years of auto tune so starting and stay idling issues , they had issues with clutch side bearing failures , personally i would much rather have a oe 372xp.... or jump to the 390xp , also nothing wrong with a 572xp .......others may have different opinions ....

Their good saws , i have owned one for a couple years , they are heavy , its the early years of auto tune so starting and stay idling issues , they had issues with clutch side bearing failures , personally i would much rather have a oe 372xp.... or jump to the 390xp , also nothing wrong with a 572xp .......others may have different opinions ....

Yep, I have a 372.
I'm thinking about the 390... and also the 395.
Those 390 saws are only about $100 cheaper than the 395.

395/394 saws are a much bigger heavier saw for a bigger heavier duty job. Think as a 390 as a felling saw and a 394/395 as a milling/stumping/long bar saw

Latest posts

Back