Any Of Yall Use A Log Dolly On The Job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLEARVIEW TREE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My friend has a log dolly, pretty neat tool. But, i used it once and they seem really heavy. I can't see payin like 400 bucks for something that ways like a buck fifty(that's addl weight to the weight already dealt)! I've had really good luck with a reg. ole dolly hand truck. Just my thoughts guys, don't want anyone hurt here now! LOL:monkey:

dont know what kind of dolly weighs that much.

the only thing a log dolly means to me is that we gonna be humpn big wood and its going to be a pain in the stick because of access issues or obstacles.

that being said they do take some of the sting out of the work ahead.

big fat tires are a must.

ive muled with the log dolly. she's a good tool to have.

I went to Home Depot and bought the heavy duty dolly...then went to the local tire shop bought the biggest tires we could fit on it...then went home and welded on to the sides and on the front..

The front sticks out 25'' and the total width is 33''....some what similar to the one Sherill sells...dont have the money for that, would like one..

Back in March my girl friends parents bought me ( from Costco) the rubbermaid dump wagon.....its rated at 1200 lbs i believe...i have put some wait in it...its been great...fits in back yards too, and dumps nice...been good for firewood. I have a old 1982 Honda 110 3 wheeler...it pulls it really easy....just to wide for res. gates...

I have been debating on the little 90cc quads from Pepboys...looked at a few used for around $ 400 in good shape...just havent pulled the trigger...but they will fit through a 36'' gate...

Log dolly works much better than a standard hand truck, has more leverage to lift with the high handle and can carry twice the load. That equals less trips. Pulling the thing uphill is a bear, but downhill works great. They work great for moving new trees around also. B&B fit nice into the round design. There is a gas powered version around but the 2k price is a bit high I think.

I've used the log truck from Northern Tool on almost every job for the past few years. It looks more flimsy than the Sherrill cart but it's a lot lighter and I haven't broken a weld or bent any of the members. We've put some pretty huge maple rounds on it and other than a couple flat tires from Russian Olive thorns we've had no trouble.
Phil

dont know what kind of dolly weighs that much.

the only thing a log dolly means to me is that we gonna be humpn big wood and its going to be a pain in the stick because of access issues or obstacles.

that being said they do take some of the sting out of the work ahead.

big fat tires are a must.

ive muled with the log dolly. she's a good tool to have.
+2! big a$$ tires, and a good tool too have. id rather use a dingo!!! lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back