Any one here a Dolmar fan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim rivers

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Two local saws for sale both for under 300.00 , Just looking for some insite ? Have a calling for the 120 my Makita is not (cutting it ) Any advise would help on this purchase!!00S0S_hZdNBFeIx40_600x450.jpg 00808_4OFWlMhzzSx_600x450.jpg 00F0F_lrf7KvfCqlc_600x450.jpg dolmar.jpg

Two local saws for sale both for under 300.00 , Just looking for some insite ? Have a calling for the 120 my Makita is not (cutting it ) Any advise would help on this purchase!!View attachment 321792 View attachment 321793 View attachment 321794 View attachment 321795
Two local saws for sale both for under 300.00 , Just looking for some insite ? Have a calling for the 120 my Makita is not (cutting it ) Any advise would help on this purchase!!View attachment 321792 View attachment 321793 View attachment 321794 View attachment 321795
Ok guys and gals/Guess I will just go after these on my own!!

I'm not real sure what they are worth but under 300 for the pair sounds like a good deal if they run the way they should. They both look to be in darn nice shape for their age.

Lots of love for the 7900's. Lots of love for some of older stuff. I have a few 7900's, a 143, a 401, and a few others.

If the price is $300 for both, that is a fair deal. I wouldn't pay that for a single 117 or 120 though.

Last edited:
That 120 looks super. How about that Jonsered? sitting next to it?

I live in Falmouth, I don't know where he gets dolmar down here. He must go up towards boston if its a new saw since there are no dolmar dealers down here that I know of. I would like to run a dolmar they are obviously well made machines and this forum supports them. I don't know if I would buy a new one since all my work saws are Husqvarna, its just easy in that respect getting parts and swapping out bars and other parts and having just one dealer. I'm always looking for a good deal on professional used saws though.

117's go in $200 range around here same with the 119-120's those are really clean so in this area they would probably do even better.

I like the Dolmars both old and new. What I didn't care for on the older models was that the oilers put out a lot of oil at idle. If you set it down running to move brush, wedge or whatever, oil built up in the bar groove, would start dripping and when you throttled up they sling a lot of oil into the enviiroment. Especially working ditch banks where it ends up in the water would bother me. If your just cutting from 1 cut to the other its not so bad as when you set the saw down a lot running.

No, but they have made some pretty decent saws in the past! :givebeer:

Actually, it looks like they aren't quite able to keep up with the development at the moment, as they simply lack resourses (some would like to" kill" me for this, but it is the truth, as I see it).

Last edited:
Terrible saws, I hate them :DView attachment 321967
No, but they have made some pretty decent saws in the past! :givebeer:

Actually, it looks like they aren't quite able to keep up with the development at the moment, as they simply lack resourses (some would like to" kil"l me for this, but it is the truth, as I see it).

Are you saying my Dolmar is outdated? :cry:
IMG_6889 (Custom).JPG
:D

I live in Falmouth, I don't know where he gets dolmar down here. He must go up towards boston if its a new saw since there are no dolmar dealers down here that I know of. I would like to run a dolmar they are obviously well made machines and this forum supports them. I don't know if I would buy a new one since all my work saws are Husqvarna, its just easy in that respect getting parts and swapping out bars and other parts and having just one dealer. I'm always looking for a good deal on professional used saws though.
Dealer over in Whitman can get Dolmars! His name is Driscoll and his shop is called "Four Seasons" I think. Been over there only once, nice guy. He also carries Redmax's.

Latest posts

Back