Any owners here, or people intimately familiar with the Boxer 526 dx diesel ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ducaticorse

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just looking to see opinions on what they should be going for used. 2008 with 500 hours. Variable width tracks in good shape. Comes with bucket only.

Just looking to see opinions on what they should be going for used. 2008 with 500 hours. Variable width tracks in good shape. Comes with bucket only.

By way of some comparison, I picked up a 2008 model 520 (gas) with the original trailer with bucket, forks, leveler, trencher, 48" tiller and auger (no bits) with 300 hrs on new factory installed engine for $9500.00.
I drove 14 hours each way to pick it up and bought in the dead of winter, when nobody was buying equipment.
Not exactly apples to apples but maybe of some use to you.
Checking Iron Planet may yield a recent result.
Had I found your mini skid you are asking about I would have bid to about $15,500. I do love a good deal.
Dave

By way of some comparison, I picked up a 2008 model 520 (gas) with the original trailer with bucket, forks, leveler, trencher, 48" tiller and auger (no bits) with 300 hrs on new factory installed engine for $9500.00.
I drove 14 hours each way to pick it up and bought in the dead of winter, when nobody was buying equipment.
Not exactly apples to apples but maybe of some use to you.
Checking Iron Planet may yield a recent result.
Had I found your mini skid you are asking about I would have bid to about $15,500. I do love a good deal.
Dave

Guy is local and is ASKING 15 even.
I'm good at getting a bargain, but I need to know a bit more about what these things sell for. Thank you for your input.

Morbark bought the boxer brand recently, and when I called for a few parts, they were very helpful, though they admitted they weren't completely up to speed with the new product line yet.
Give them a call and the serial number and they can check to see if it has had any major issues. I know some of their units had an internal air filter setup to keep it from getting beat up on the outside of the unit, but they caused a lot of heat issues and blown engines. Hopefully someone will chime in with better info on your model.
Dave

Guy is local and is ASKING 15 even.
I'm good at getting a bargain, but I need to know a bit more about what these things sell for. Thank you for your input.

Seems high, you can probably find a better ditch witch, Vermeer or bobcat mt55 for less with less hours, controls on the boxers blow compared to the machines I mentioned. Boxers 4th or 5th on the mini skid list. I bought a brand new 2013 Vermeer s650 tx with grapple, bucket and soon forks, awesome machine!

Seems high, you can probably find a better ditch witch, Vermeer or bobcat mt55 for less with less hours, controls on the boxers blow compared to the machines I mentioned. Boxers 4th or 5th on the mini skid list. I bought a brand new 2013 Vermeer s650 tx with grapple, bucket and soon forks, awesome machine!

Vermeer although i hate them much is kind of in a league of there own right now with the mini's. All the other guys seem to be playing catchup. That s650 lifts more, higher and runs a better engine than the rest. Boxer and alot of the other brands run kohler and other lower end motors but there is a huge price difference.

I picked up my '07 427 Brute for 10G with a trailer trencher and bucket. Gas Kohler, but still a deal with 600 hrs. I did a job last week for a guy that owns a 526. Sweet machine. I wouldn't hesitate after running my machine for three yrs without an issue. Some guys hate the controls, but they aren't that bad if you have a brain.

Latest posts

Back