Anybody burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been running mine full blast for 6 weeks now. We sleep outside in a tent cause opening the windows didn't cool the house down enough and the air conditioner can't keep up. ;)

Ian

Decided to Light the Firepit Tonight...

Shirley and the flames keep me warm:
FirePit1.jpg

And, Lady helps out too:
FirePit2.jpg

Cottonwood sure works well in a firepit, So does elm and about anything else I can find. Neighbors seem to be jealous. Next year I'm going to expand the cobblestones that surround the pit. Less grass to mow.

Nothing like weenies, marshmallows, and listening to the locusts and crickets. :cheers:

Had a fire last night (39F) I'll have one tonight, (32F) We never really had a summer here, had a couple of days in the 80's but mostly cold and rain all summer.

It has been really tempting to fire up the old wood furnace. it is so post to be down in the mid 40s tonight and down in the upper 30s on Sunday night. It is very damp in the house from today's drizzle. We made a home made pizza in the oven that warmed us a little but now the cold is coming back. What happened to global warming. I think we have global cooling now instead.

Beefie

Not yet. Did kick on the lp for a moment though just to warm the house up a bit. My place doesn't loose heat fast enough in this weather and the wood furnace ends up overheating the house. About 30 degrees is my mark for wood heat.

lite it up

It's been in the low 40's here in the morning and Sunday it's supposed to be 59 for the hi. I think it's time to start, at least in the mornings. I love to cut my wood when it's about 50 so Sunday I will be cutting and splitting.

here it is the last day of august and I had to make a fire last nite . what s with this weather , at least we know the new blower motor works on the old summeraire eh

started a fire last night and still had good coals this morning so its going again i love wood heat!

Last edited:
I haven't fired the stove yet, but I'm thinking about it. We were at a friend's house last evening and he fired his stove to take off the chill. I can't remember ever starting a fire to keep warm in August.

it was 33* when i woke up at 7 this morning large layer of frost on my truck and garden

Back