anybody burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspen jack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everybody just thought I'd see if anybody east of the mississippi is burning yet.I'm in columbus ohio and fired up my harmon oakwood stove for the first time this season. Its a little early for around here, but I couldn't wait.

I'm up in Massachusetts and my dads starting our hawken owb tonite that is the earliest our town will let us start it.

i did a small burn last sat night. we had some friends over and a bunch of beers. seemed like a good idea lol. it got too hot so i just let her die out.

might light a small one soon before bed. if not the wifes gonna wine about being cold when she gets home from work.

We had a dusting of snow on the ground this morning - but we just moved into this house the first of August and no wood stove yet.

I'm really sad!

Just North of you in Knox Co and we fired up our OWB this afternoon and the ole woman is loven the HOT shower as I type.

I had a fire in the fireplace yesterday and one tonight. I have my woodburner out of the basement right now. I need to weld a piece of angle that Ive warped.:)

Wimmin folk in the house were protesting too much for me to bear tonight so I got a little fire going. 2 Sticks and then a second 2 sticks and the house is now a toasty 78 degrees. I love superinsulated houses! :)

parkersburg wv here and when i got home from football game after work the house was at 67.. now its around 74 , hope she dies out soon. First light up for me this year....

Wow, you guys have to burn early. Can't even imagine 4 degrees right now. We usually start about the middle of october and then it stays lit till spring. It has been cooler than normal here so far. I don't want to start yet cause it will get old before spring gets here.

Have my first fire of the year going. You smell all the dust and stuff burning of after sitting for months.

I started my Longwood up last night, that was just installed this yr. My dad came over and wired it last night and it got below 40. Didn't take much to warm the house up! I'm gonna love this furnace!

Not east of Miss., lit up for the first time this morning...33*, will more likely lite up again in the A.M....morning are getting cold....

Wow, you guys have to burn early. Can't even imagine 4 degrees right now. We usually start about the middle of october and then it stays lit till spring. It has been cooler than normal here so far. I don't want to start yet cause it will get old before spring gets here.

Stihl,
That's 4 deg. celsius, 39 deg. in your system.
It does get cold here but.............we ain't buildin the igloos just yet :hmm3grin2orange:

Ya we don't start them till january!!! LOL!! It is a little cold snap she will warm up a little! Just need the fire at night,the sun warms the house a bit in the day.

Back