anybody burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just about 10 miles from the 45TH Parallel, so yea we've had a few fires in the old Jotul 602N. :givebeer:

burning for 10 days now

been having cold nights with a couple in the low 30's fired her up 10 days ago. :clap:

Fliped my swich from a/c to heat yesterday morning for the 1st time since may. not a big deal tho cause we heat water with it year round.

The Snow has stopped falling now, the mountains got 8'' of fresh snow so did my firewood spot. Been burning the last two day's it's not too cold -1c but the wind makes it feel much colder than it is.

I started a break-in fire this morning. I thought about it late last night. 4-5 sticks that would burn for a few hours and drive off any moisture in the stove/pipe/chimney. That and take the chill out of the house. It was 62° in here this morning. 45° outside and I was ready.

I'll probably let it go out later and then another one like it tonight if I think it might be warranted.

No point in waiting to long. This is what I been waiting all Summer for.

I started a break-in fire this morning. I thought about it late last night. 4-5 sticks that would burn for a few hours and drive off any moisture in the stove/pipe/chimney. That and take the chill out of the house. It was 62° in here this morning. 45° outside and I was ready.

I'll probably let it go out later and then another one like it tonight if I think it might be warranted.

No point in waiting to long. This is what I been waiting all Summer for.
It is that moister and cold wind that hurts, I know it is about 29F here but it feels so cold I am getting old and spoiled by my cheap heat sorce. I know I will need to put some wood in the stove tonight before bed time.

First day here - NW MN

It's been cold for a few days and we've been just dealing with it. But cloudy days means no heat gain so it's just plain chilly in the house. First weekend of serious cutting so I figured what the heck. The smell just can't be beat - it makes fall somehow more "real".

Burning Wood

Started our woodstove here in Ohio last Wednesday night. They was calling for frost that night but it missed us.

Our stove is in the basement. Didn't take long or much wood for it to get warm in the house.

Really nice to have lots of wood this winter.

I said "uncle" today. Basement temp was getting down there, but mostly just getting too darned damp:

attachment.php

I hauled in a tailgate full of half-punky box elder and gave it a match, after a quick climb up to double check that no critters moved into the chimney:

attachment.php

A couple hours later, and it's nice and toasty. The thermometer is about 6' from the stove, and close to the ceiling, so actual house temp is more like 70°.

attachment.php

Gonna get the basement filled this week sometime, my wood room holds about 2+ cords, so a lot of up and down the stairs cardio workout!

Back