Anybody familiar with Wisconsin TJD series engines?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beavis331

Wiggle wiggle wiggle
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does any body have a Wisconsin TJD engine on their splitter or other equipment? I just acquired this engine. The problem I have is the output shaft is not standard. I need to figure out a seal for the crank and a way to couple the hydraulic pump to the engine. The shaft is 1 5\8 keyed shaft with 1 1\2 threads. The problem is they keyway is in the way for the seal so I have to find a hub for the seal to seal to and then figure out a way to couple the pump. Any ideas guys? I seem to have forgotten how to post pics again. When did they change that again?

View attachment 191958

Try these guys for parts and information on the old 'Sconnie engines:

Wisconsin Engines Continental Engines WisCon Engines and Parts

Also, if ya have a Bobcat dealer close by that's been around a while, you might check with them. The old Bobcats ran some Wisconsin gas motors back in the day.

Haven't personally seen that style of PTO end on a crank, but I'd suspect it was made to have a pulley or gear mounted to it. You might have to run a belt drive and jackshaft the pump to run that motor.

Try these guys for parts and information on the old 'Sconnie engines:

Wisconsin Engines Continental Engines WisCon Engines and Parts

Also, if ya have a Bobcat dealer close by that's been around a while, you might check with them. The old Bobcats ran some Wisconsin gas motors back in the day.

Haven't personally seen that style of PTO end on a crank, but I'd suspect it was made to have a pulley or gear mounted to it. You might have to run a belt drive and jackshaft the pump to run that motor.

Thanks for the link. I'm sure your right this engine was made to run a pulley or gear witch is what the seal sealed to. This is a 2 cyl engine. Did some of the Bobcats run 2 cylinders I know the old 610s ran 4 cyl wisconsins.

Thanks for the link. I'm sure your right this engine was made to run a pulley or gear witch is what the seal sealed to. This is a 2 cyl engine. Did some of the Bobcats run 2 cylinders I know the old 610s ran 4 cyl wisconsins.

Not real sure, been a while since Ive been around one. Just thought it might be worth a try.

Latest posts

Back