Anybody Going....Georgetown Ohio Antique Tractor Show / Lumberjack Games

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
I sold an old Lombard the other day and the guy buying it was telling me he does shows at the Great Lakes Timber Show in Georgetown Ohio at the Antique Tractor show.

He said people love seeing old running saws and he was impressed with how good I had that Lombard running. He said they also sell saws, parts, typical swap meet stuff.

Georgetown is only a few miles from me, so I may head up there tomorrow if the rain holds out. Anybody else going?

Edit.... its not lumberjack games, its the Great Lakes Timber Show.

How big is the show compared to Paul Bunyan days in southern Ohio?
I'm guessing nowhere as big, its emphasis is mostly old tractors. I have never been to the Paul Bunyan days but would like to go someday. I used to go to the tractor shows with my grandpa when I was young, but its been several years since I have been there.

Well I made the trip to the show today. The Timber show wasn't a contest like I thought but the guy I sold my Lombard to did an entertaining job of teaching safety and different techniques and things. The best part though was the old Lombard sitting front and center.

I overheard him talking to a guy that apparently sold him an old Allis Chamlers saw, and he told him he couldn't keep it running, then he pointed at the Lombard and said "that saw runs like a scalded dog!" It put a smile on my face. I put alot of work into that saw.

20200815_125109.jpg

Latest posts

Back