anybody heard of the Super Split Log Splitter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ford's Lawncare

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have been selling firewood for a couple of years now. I have a pretty basic setup, just cut it to length then split it in my splitter. I have a basic splitter too, that I made with a hydraulic ram and 5 horse b+s on it. A guy I know, who cuts about 300 cord a year raved about the rack and pinion style splitter, which he uses for all his wood. The particular one he has is called a super split, I found thier website, www.supersplit.com. Since these are a bit more expensive then a regular splitter, I was woundering if any of you guys use these or have heard of them. According to the website, they have a 3 second cycle time, and I looked at some of the videos on youtube, sure enough they are much faster then hydraulic splitters. I am seriously looking into these splitters, as I do not have the money to afford a fancy processor. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Dan Ford
Ford's Lawncare

See thread entitled "Super Split?" several threads below this one. Pretty good discussion with some testimonials.

Back