Anybody know anything about the guy who ported this 550XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but it's the same guy who was trying to sell ceramic bearing 346's. It still looks like he milled the jug with an axe. 200:1?? My opinion is that he's slightly FOS.

My Blizzard 810 power plow moldboard that has 9 years of industrial snow removal on it, looks better than some of those of those machining pics on that listing!

I would be interested to see the logger in Canada's review on the saw he bought from this guy.

For the price he wants, you can buy 2 Husqvarna 550, with fuel for a couple years, extra chains, accessories and even the most important, after cutting BEER for the same money he wants for one 550 :D

If this guy is actually building more than one or two saws, someone here would have seen one in action. Have Never seen anything other than the ebay listings posted here...

Didn't a couple of AS members ask the seller some detailed questions on a couple of his listed saws? IIRC his responses were lacking (understatement).

Slightly? My dear sir, you are much too kind.

Meh. Slightly, completely, stunningly.....same thing I suppose.

And please don't call me sir. It makes me nervous and stuff. :msp_confused:

Meh. Slightly, completely, stunningly.....same thing I suppose.

And please don't call me sir. It makes me nervous and stuff. :msp_confused:

It's southern thing. I spent the first half my life in the deep south and learned you better address folks as Mam and Sir or the old man would take a stick to ya! :msp_mellow:

"When I do a full Ceramic bearing and ring version, including Ceramic needle bearings on both rod ends, these saws run on 150 to 200:1"

Thats a new one to me

"I mill around 1mm from the base of the cylinder and use a super thin base gasket to raise compression."

can you cut that much and still have enough squish on that. Brad Or Mastermind can probly answer that. never touched a 550

still abit out of my price range regardless lol

You mean no one knows the Canadian Logger he sold that one to? Man, and I thought it was a tight knit community up there.:msp_sneaky:

For that price, I'll just buy two and use one in each hand. :lifter:

I've had a few things come loose in the lathe and still look better than that cylinder base, looks like it was done with a flap wheel on a hand grinder while he was standing on the cylinder to steady it and texting with his free hand.

No. That would be nearly .040", meaning the saw would have to start with .055"-.060". The 550 I had would hit by simply removing the base gasket. I had to do a small popup just to ditch the gasket.

was going to say thought that was abit much. once again your knowledge amazes:bowdown:

should get that guy to post a video of that saw cutting. but according to his post he only bench runs two gallons thru. not how i break in my saws thats for sure.

I just sent him a lackluster comment he'll probably not like, and wished him good luck at $1250.00. IF I get a response I'll post it. I'm sure it'll be ugly.

Last edited:
was going to say thought that was abit much. once again your knowledge amazes:bowdown:

should get that guy to post a video of that saw cutting. but according to his post he only bench runs two gallons thru. not how i break in my saws thats for sure.

A no-load break-in?? How's he do dat mang? :msp_scared:

Anyone that was head of R&D for a motorcycle component company would know it is "Moto-cross", not motorcross. Like Clint Eastwood once said,.this guy is a legend in his own mind.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back