Anybody know what kind of wood this is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That wood is chestnut hickory. I'm 98% sure

Can you please point out one living instance of said species? I've NEVER heard of "chestnut hickory" except from flooring mfgs/vendors. That should tell you something? (Lots of speciation goes on with marketers.) :msp_ohmy:

Yet another vote for BW. :laugh:

Can you please point out one living instance of said species? I've NEVER heard of "chestnut hickory" except from flooring mfgs/vendors. That should tell you something? (Lots of speciation goes on with marketers.) :msp_ohmy:

Yet another vote for BW. :laugh:

Not sure whatever you mean by that but I know that it's btu's for burning are just alittle lower than oak but burns longer and gives a nice bed of coals

230976.htm
230976.htm
Its Black Walnut.View attachment 283219

Nope not birch. Maybe it could be a species of ash ? I agree on Black Walnut though.

It looks like the 3 splits I just shoved into the stove. Black walnut, off the back lot.

Not sure whatever you mean by that but I know that it's btu's for burning are just alittle lower than oak but burns longer and gives a nice bed of coals

Easy. Pretend I'm from Missouri. Show me where I can find one. I'm always open to new experiences. ;)

Lumber harvesters/processors/merchants routinely fuzzify wood species ID to harvest more $$. No surprise.

Easy. Pretend I'm from Missouri. Show me where I can find one. I'm always open to new experiences. ;)

Lumber harvesters/processors/merchants routinely fuzzify wood species ID to harvest more $$. No surprise.

He could have meant "pig nut" hickory.

Back