Anybody miss winter yet...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7?! What part of MN are you in..? I always figure it to be closer to 9 ;)

<---- Princeton, MN

I thought you guys had winter all year? Isn't the saying that "you have 11 months of real good ice fishing and 1 marginal month in Minnesota"?

Yeah same for southern MN. It's supposed to be low 80's at my cabin and Saturday is my wood splitting day. I just picked this up to park my splitter under:

image.jpeg

Our temp has been around 50 today, tomorrow is going to be around 40 with strong winds, excellent weather to chop wood, except there might be some rain showers, well mosquito won't fly tomorrow.

Forecast is that storm might fell down some trees during next night, that would be free firewood and chance to use chainsaw :)

Whooee!! only 89 today and tomorrow mid 70s. Yowza. Off to Tim's wood lot in the morning for more cleanup. Give that 310/16" bar a real workout to see how it does on dirty logs. Got the Northern Tools log tongs (only $40 and 10lbs) today, I don't see that they will stand the stress of pullinglogs out of dozer piles but time will tell.

Whooee!! only 89 today and tomorrow mid 70s. Yowza. Off to Tim's wood lot in the morning for more cleanup. Give that 310/16" bar a real workout to see how it does on dirty logs. Got the Northern Tools log tongs (only $40 and 10lbs) today, I don't see that they will stand the stress of pullinglogs out of dozer piles but time will tell.

Well a very successful day, cleaned up one dozer pile leaving a big brush pile to burn when conditions allow. started cleanup of 2nd and brushed out a good log for Mike in the morning. Start of the day not so much...pretty embarrassing really. Set the log tongs, stretched out chains, fired up dozer and ran it around an up to the pile to be hooked up, crawled off and attached chain to the dozer blade. Back to dozer only to see his 10' heavy 4-gang disk firmly attached to the dozer and set full in. Very nice disced track from where it was parked up the dirt trail and around to the pile. Had no clue as to how to operate the hydralic to set the discs straight, dozer nozed up tight against a wood pile... Went to shop and admitted to being stupid. Tim sorted it out.

The only reason I use to like summer was summer break from school . The summer season is well over rated now it's see how much work can you do now . Working outside in the winter is a lot better than summer .

This is a public service announcement...I hereby declare this weekend to be too hot for firewood. Please shelter in place with a frosty cold beverage(s) of your choice. Updates to follow.....

:cheers: :givebeer: :hi: :yes:
to much work to do yet this weekend! not enough time to get everything ready for next weeks mini vacation to gods country of the north!! sure hope svk, don't hog and haul off that dead wood for a fire or two in the forest?? ... he can keep the bugs! cold drinks will be in hand while in the boat!! lol

Back