Anybody running the Chinese Stihl knockoffs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased a G444 for the heck of it about a year ago and have since knocked out about 25 cords of firewood mostly red oak, Performance seems on par with my vintage Stihl 044s and one of my all time favorite saws of which I own 4 2-10mm and 2-12mm which have standard wrap handles the G444 has a full wrap handle and the feel is a bit awkward due to the difference in the wrap. Think I paid right around $300 for the G444.

I’ve wasted thousands of dollars on farmer tech saws and the countless parts that are on eBay with no BRAND NAME. THE BOTTOME LINE IS ANYTHING PERTAINING TO CHAINSAWS COMING FROM CHINA AND THE U.S. as well thst isn’t marked clearly with a reputable brand name is either no good or a crap shoot at best. Even the bolts are **** ruining a brand new meteor cylinder I used them on (272 intake)
It surprises me at how much attention and knowledge that is being offered here that anyone would not know as much

The fact of the matter at hand is that there are countless businesses here in the U S buying this crap in bulk from farmer tech which is the main instigator of the issue at hand and repackaging and selling this crap on eBay e whore and face smack. It’s all about the money they can make off of the unknowing.
What gets me is all these Stihl hard fans who are screening over the company they do live by buying this ****

A
The fact of the matter at hand is that there are countless businesses here in the U S buying this crap in bulk from farmer tech which is the main instigator of the issue at hand and repackaging and selling this crap on eBay e whore and face smack. It’s all about the money they can make off of the unknowing.
What gets me is all these Stihl hard fans who are screening over the company they do live by buying this ****
and that was screwing not screening!!!

Another thing that gets me is how these people on eBay are inflating the prices of ANY parts from a old model saw thinking no one knows that those same parts can still be purchased from the manufacturer for far less or supplemented by a part from a like model saw Ie: 262/51,55

I'm one of those "A-holes" that buys the farmer-tea saws in bulk and resells them.

I am always 100% honest with people. They are not a Husqvarna or Stihl, they are a farmertec. Are they as good as the XP model husqvarnas? No. But I think they ARE better than the typical homeowner saw, and I have had great luck with the ones I have, and the ones I have sold and maintain.

When you can get a 365 clone for around the same price as a box store marked Poulan, I would go with the clone.

I’ve wasted thousands of dollars on farmer tech saws and the countless parts that are on eBay with no BRAND NAME. THE BOTTOME LINE IS ANYTHING PERTAINING TO CHAINSAWS COMING FROM CHINA AND THE U.S. as well thst isn’t marked clearly with a reputable brand name is either no good or a crap shoot at best. Even the bolts are **** ruining a brand new meteor cylinder I used them on (272 intake)
It surprises me at how much attention and knowledge that is being offered here that anyone would not know as much
And yet you supposedly spent thousands figuring it out for your self.

You chose to spend those "thousands" on farmertech saws and parts, nobody else spent them for you....

For a more accurate answer, after fooling with a dozen of them the only parts that will hold up are the bolts and the case bare albeit… mind you. Even the bolts are **** and one wrung off just a few weeks ago on a brand new meteor cylinder I had bought. And w very little torque mind those who assume things.
Oh. The tank handles have held up and the spines do well. Other than that your buying trouble w a capitalT
I wonder if a case can be made that if you buy about 5 of them for the price of 1 genuine Stihl product, the overall up-time would be comparable?

Another thing that gets me is how these assholes on eBay are inflating the prices of ANY parts from a old model saw thinking no one knows that those same parts can still be purchased from the manufacturer for far less or supplemented by a part from a like model saw Ie: 262/51,55
E-bay is a strange site. You often see several people selling the exact same product on the same page for different prices, yet some will buy from the most expensive listing.

I'm one of those "A-holes" that buys the farmer-tea saws in bulk and resells them.

I am always 100% honest with people. They are not a Husqvarna or Stihl, they are a farmertec. Are they as good as the XP model husqvarnas? No. But I think they ARE better than the typical homeowner saw, and I have had great luck with the ones I have, and the ones I have sold and maintain.

When you can get a 365 clone for around the same price as a box store marked Poulan, I would go with the clone.
We’ll know you know

What you have is not worth the time it takes to talk about it
If you move to china or Mexico you can get a lot of stuff cheap. Why do you think the government is taxing that stuff??? So Americans will stay loyal … Go to Stihls website and see what they say about the subject… then take that saw to a stihl repair shop and see what they tell you… they’re just trying to be nice.

You’re not out anything. Just keep replacing the broken parts as you go along with oem and you’ll eventually have that saw that’s worth talking about. That is if you actuyuse it like thst

And the reason I’m so pissed off is not so much as people like you because I was once taken by greed to buy that crap but it’s those assholes on eBay running what’s supposed to be legitimate business repackythat **** posting false pictures and reselling them for 3 times what they paid. They the ones my OPINION is really geared for

And yet you supposedly spent thousands figuring it out for your self.
Chainsaws can be like any other hobby... as long as he's having fun he may not care. Me... I don't get golf or fishing but I have 7 bicycles, a nice woodworking shop, a bunch of Stihl professional outdoor power equipment, and some nice guns. As my SIL was fond of saying, Whatever floats your boat!

I'm quite new to this hobby. I've been tempted to buy a farmertec, but it loses it's appeal when you have to replace some pretty critical parts to possibly make it reliable.

My big saws were recently purchased for reasonable deals. $370 for a 460, and $550 for an 066. I could of had an 066 for $450 with an aftermarket recoil. For those kind of prices, why even mess with farmertec when you can get an oem Stihl for not much more?

I'm quite new to this hobby. I've been tempted to buy a farmertec, but it loses it's appeal when you have to replace some pretty critical parts to possibly make it reliable.

My big saws were recently purchased for reasonable deals. $370 for a 460, and $550 for an 066. I could of had an 066 for $450 with an aftermarket recoil. For those kind of prices, why even mess with farmertec when you can get an oem Stihl for not much more?
I have never seen big saws for those prices where I am.

Latest posts

Back