Anybody use TSC's Countyline bar oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtboy

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has used this, the price is good. I have been using Echo or Husq., but wonder if I'm overpaying. I had a bad experience years ago with HD's house brand, and have been reluctant to change ever since. So any opinions good-bad-or indifferent are welcome.

I've used it for a while and no problems. When it gets to be cold weather I thin it so it will flow better.

I have used some, it's OK. I do not think it is exactly like their previous store brand though. I liked the previous brand better (but who knows, might be the same and I am just faked out about it...)

I have used some, it's OK. I do not think it is exactly like their previous store brand though. I liked the previous brand better (but who knows, might be the same and I am just faked out about it...)

Same here

The County Line oil doesn't seem as tacky and certainly pours easier in cold weather than the old TSC brand. I see no reason not to use the new stuff but am closely watching my bars. May tweak the oilers up a bit. Most likely one of those YMMV situations.

Take Care

Same here

The County Line oil doesn't seem as tacky and certainly pours easier in cold weather than the old TSC brand. I see no reason not to use the new stuff but am closely watching my bars. May tweak the oilers up a bit. Most likely one of those YMMV situations.

Take Care

I concur, it does not seem like it is very tacky & it flows easily in the cold. Y'all want to see some thin bar oil.. check out the Walmart brand, it pours like motor oil & reeks like gear oil when hot.

Over the past year or so I've used at least 6 gallons and I have no complaints on its performance when it was 10-15 deg F thru high 80s outside.
The price is affordable too, especially when its on sale!

use it all the time...my mom buys it for me as a Christmas gift. 5 gallons a year and every year it's the best gift I get...unless the wife buys me a new chains or some wedges

Back