Anybody want to take a shot at identifing this old saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackoak

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got this old saw a couple days ago. It was made in the late 40's. It was this companies first of this kind. Is actually is a combination of two saw companies. It was covered in years of grime. I spent two days restoring it. It runs well. The only thing it was missing is the air filter. I think I can come up with something, but for now it has a paint can lid for looks only. I will ad more pictues if needed. Guesses???
101_8070640x480.jpg

101_8086640x480.jpg

101_8072640x480.jpg

Last edited:
It's a Lombard OMS. It should have a Homelite engine in it. What kind of chain does it have on it? The original chain have solid cutter teeth instead of the current day "hooded" style.

Nice Saw!!!

P.S. OMS stands for One Man Saw

Last edited:
Nice Lombard you have.:msp_thumbsup:

I have one of those too.

It took me about two weeks in my spare time to do mine.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice Lombard you have.:msp_thumbsup:

I have one of those too.

It took me about two weeks in my spare time to do mine.

attachment.php

attachment.php
Looks like yours have spikes on it. Mine don't, but has somewhat spikes that are made into the casting. I didn't have to do much to get it running. Fresh gas and put a little mix in the cylinder and it about scared the hell out of me when it fired on the second pull. Does yours have a cable for the starter rope? I like your silver color handles better. I went ahead and painted mine red. That was the original color on mine.

Last edited:
Looks like yours have spikes on it. Mine don't, but has somewhat spikes that are made into the casting. I didn't have to do much to get it running. Fresh gas and put a little mix in the cylinder and it about scared the hell out of me when it fired on the second pull. Does yours have a cable for the starter rope? I like your silver color handles better. I went ahead and painted mine red. That was the original color on mine.

Mine has the cable starter. Yeah your spikes are different.

attachment.php

Wire rope!

Don't get me started about the wire rope/cable thing again.:blob2:

Cool old iron, both of you guys!

Cool ole saws, but somethings wrong.

I cant seem to find the video of any of you guys cutting with those things. :laugh:
I will never ##### about the weight of a moderen saw again. I hate to think of trying to fall a tree with it, but I guess it was better than a two man hand cross cut. Now I know why my Grandfather was such a bad ass.

Back