Anyone cutting tomorrow?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a nice buck during bow season. I doubt I will go out for rifle season. Splitting ,stacking the woodshed, cleaning up the yard. I have about 12 cords to move.

downsized_1126091342.jpg

Last edited:
Tomorrow I'll be cutting up some Maple and Cherry that the town took down at my neighbor's house. Lucky for me he doesn't own a chainsaw or woodstove. I'll probably spend the afternoon clearing brush from around the pasture fence.

HEY MIKE, I've done that!
It sucked, but was more fun than shopping!

stuckg.JPG

stuckh.JPG

Things are diffrent now...

bumper4.JPG

bumper5.JPG

GM
looks like you could use some M/T's on that truck of yours, I put some toyo's on the wife's truck and she loves them, not too noisy, she complains that they aren't noisy enough, but they do pretty good in the mud, and snow doesn't upset them either

3AM? I've been thinking of heated handles, but do ya have headlights on that old beast?

nope thats why i put 8 off road lights on the truck, 4 on bull bar, 4 on roll bar, and the regular two headlights. lights the woodpile up like a football field.

Well heres my update and rant. Put the tree up early and got the thumbs up to cut wood from wife til we plugged in the lights. Three strings of those stupid twinkle lights out. Id like to find the guy who invented them and choke him with those three strings I goof with all day. Finally got to cut for 2 hours til it got dark. I hate twinkle lights.:angrysoapbox:

Got out today and cut and split one face cord to repalce the one I sold Yesterday The good news is I found a new wood lot to cut from -- All oak and clean trails right to the wood. :greenchainsaw: Now the only problem is finding more room to store split wood I got 8 cords on the driveway now Plus 2 years out back

well, my cutting partner called at 0700 to tell me he wasn't gonna make it since he had to take his mamma black friday shopping...
He'll be ready to cut tommorow...

looks like you could use some M/T's on that truck of yours, I put some toyo's on the wife's truck and she loves them, not too noisy, she complains that they aren't noisy enough, but they do pretty good in the mud, and snow doesn't upset them either

Spider, your not the first one to mention that, thanks!
My truck has always been for my business, which is now gone, but it was never for "muddin"! It's a work horse. I've thought about bigger tires, but deceided I go off road to get wood, unload the motorcycle or park to go kill Bambi(or an Elk)! We(my wife) got hers not to long ago, and thats for fun, not work! :clap:
I must say, I LOVE to drive it! But you cant get much wood home with it?:confused:

jeep1.JPG

GM

I have no time for those big stores and their brainwashing ads. I flipped through all of the ads that came in the mail a couple times, trying to get a spark of excitement from them. But I didn't see one thing in there that I couldn't live without. However, in the normal weekly Fleet & Farm ad, I had seen some dynamite firestarters listed. I wanted to try them, got to the point last night that I got overwhelmingly dizzy from taking in the fumes from those store ads I was trying to use as firestarting material. I actually came on here tonight to see if there were any threads regarding firestarting material. Anyway, so I had the folks, who get excited about the shopping ads (and rightly so since they have grandchildren to shop for), pick me up a box of the firestarters and 5 tarps for the wood stacks. Meanwhile I stacked and split wood today. I get more exercise and enjoyment out of that then I would jumping over people, anyday. I feel a little good about that, while other brainwashed people try to find their excitement. Not for me......

Meanwhile, I heard Walmart had another fighting fiasco this season. I don't remember the details, I just shake my head and go on about my business. Shopping by me gets done over the internet, to heck with all the crowds. I like supporting the UPS driver, he's a heck of a friendly good-ole guy.

well, I cut a truck load today. dropped a couple small trees and one that was blown down. Was a good day overall other than two hiccups.
First, I was moving a spare chain in the bed of my truck and nicked my thumb.
Later, I stepped on a branch with my left foot and it kicked up into my right shin. :cheers:

ProMac1K, I got in line at the local wallyworld for a cheap new computer yesterday. I was 11th in line for 13 computers, and I got there at 330, sale started at 5.

Anywho, there was a dude in line who obviously does these kind of sales to resell stuff on ebay. He had a bag with food and drinks, and his laptop with him. He was telling stories of how he and his buddy have shoved and butted into lines and generally telling anyone who would listen what an a-hole he was. Those are the types that normally keep me away from that stuff. Also some kids behind me, had friends grab a ton of movies that were on sale for $2 or something like that, then they just rummaged through the cart for what they wanted and left the rest there.

I did make it home and out to the woods for the start of the hunting day, but after an hour the urge for a nap overcame the urge to hunt, then got back out for some cutting in the afternoon.

ProMac1K, I got in line at the local wallyworld for a cheap new computer yesterday. I was 11th in line for 13 computers, and I got there at 330, sale started at 5.

I heard some stories about that same occasion, but rather at a local Wal-Mart that's open 24-7. Seems as if employee's had already planned everything out, and had basically made it so their close relatives got all of the cheap computers. They waited there since 8:00 the night before. It's a total crock, IMO. I don't mean to offend those who are viewing what i'm writing, but am more focusing it at the general public. The stores are sparking impulse buying, they get you in the mood with all the ads and competition, when what they're really after is to get you in the store. It's logic, because you know there is only so much of stuff to go around. Imagine the percentage of people who decide to browse, and come home with a cart full. It's possible i'm just not with the ways of current society, or i'm just too backwoods to care.

I did a good share of stacking and splitting again. Have some bucking to do on some of the pieces yet, then I have a lot of big rounds to split by hand. Then it's back to limbing and bucking again with the rest of this summers tree harvest that is piled up in the yard. I've been fortunate to be able to work without accumulated snow, but the ground sure is staying damp with the frost every night.

I did make it home and out to the woods for the start of the hunting day, but after an hour the urge for a nap overcame the urge to hunt, then got back out for some cutting in the afternoon.

I find the best time to nap is right after I get in my blind. Just go ahead and take an hour nap to let things calm down...

I did! Split out a few bucks of dead locust, loaded 'er up and delivered to the customer here on my street.

And I did go down to Jones Hardware in Unicoi and salivated a little bit over the new MS 460 sitting on the shelf. Man, what a hard decision; Dolmar 7900 or Stihl 460??? Either way, come January I'm gonna own one or the other!

OK, I wasn't going to go, but I have a J.o.B. now and that gets in the way of fun stuff, but the wife fell of a horse Monday and our Turkey is STILL in the fridge! I got the itch, been going to work, grocery shopping, bringing the wife stuff, helping her, doing dishes, oh did I mention I have to cook for myself? Not complaining, thank God were both still alive and we can do all these things! I just needed a "guy thing" to do. I tryed to explain this to my wife, but I'm not sure she understood it? I just went out to dump our ashes and I just don't think I should ever go out to the woods and come back empty!? So I took the "small" saw. The 044 with the 25" bar! I think I need to change the sig...
The 039 is the wife's now, I got her a new 20" bar and new RSC chain and a case so we could put it on the roof rack on the 97' Jeep Wrangler, so the 044 is the "small" saw now! So off Lilly and I went to get more Pine! Lilly is my little girl, she loves the outdoors, or should I say US! We got her barley weened and ever since, she is stuck to us like glue! And of course, I had my P-85 stuffed in the small of my back just in case a "cat" or other forest dirt bag thinks they need to taste my Lilly! Everything went off without a hitch and I know it's Pine, but it burns hot and it heats! I know it's not much, but I got it in a short outing and I forgot I needed to change the blood and liver in the Cummins, so while the Rotella-T was draining into the engine, I was putting the new mall to the freshly cut Pine rounds in the truck! Not in the truck of course! OH, another thing! When I was done cutting the rounds, I noticed a rattle in the muffler on the 044, mind you, this 044 was CL special! I got bent over the hood on this deal, thats another story! I got it fixed and usable and have a line on a "parts" 044 I will get monday for 40 bucks! Again, another story! I took the cover off of the muffler and found one of the screws that holds the muffler on the engine, rolling around inside of the muffler? CRAP, if that jumped backwards toward the piston and found a hole, that would have been the end of my "grab the ankles" 044! Thank you God again!
OK, The pic's are nothing to write home about, but I need to find a pic of my girl, my wood cutting partner! Might take a few, but I have them.

pinea1.JPG

pinea2.JPG

pinea3.JPG

OK , here's Lilly!

lillya1.JPG

lillya2.JPG

Now you know why I'm fond of my girl!

Last edited:
We cut & loaded close to 10-cord today. I started my 025 at 9:00 am this morning & cut all day. We are cutting up the treetops left over from the amish logging out the woods. Its alot of wood to be had BUT alot of brush to constantly deal with.:greenchainsaw:

Back