Anyone else fired up their woodstove yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First fire last night. Felt nice! Got down to 19 here and 11 where my nonwinterized camper is. Oooops!

Had to fire up the Hardy last weekend here in Western Illinois. It got down to 26 degrees last night.

Attachments

• C1406D37-BA82-4A44-8C0C-4A0A8446B969.jpeg
    C1406D37-BA82-4A44-8C0C-4A0A8446B969.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
Had to fire up the stove last night. In the 30's with wind and no insulation.
c6bdd1611f624a5fa165da4fb85e2cfe.jpg

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

latest "ugly" wood fire in 10 years. Looks like the winter will be a good one (warm fall, cold winter theory)

Last couple weeks at night, this week pretty much full time. We are in the 30's now for the high temps.

Looks like we are going to get hit hard. Starting Wednesday, snow till Sunday. I might have to split a bit more wood, and it is definitely time to reattach the snow plow to the lawn tractor.

I see most people around here are finally firing them up. Not so much wood boilers but stoves and whatever else is indoors. It's in the 40s but supposed to be 60s this weekend. There's a winter weather advisory at the moment

Lit up both Saturday and Sunday mornings and evenings. Got down to 37 here, which is pretty cold for October in the south. Made for some good football and World Series watching by the fire.

It was 18 this morning when I left the house. Still burning strong

It wasn’t that cold here but we got a little over 2” of snow.

Gave boiler its first weekly cleaning for the season.

Shop has been at a nice 65 and the neighbors house is about 75 from the floor heat in the basement which I think is set at 55.

IMG_2788.JPG

Been cool and damp here. So I fired up and it feels great. Here is my dog Pierre's favorite spot
597b90fa93e478fba886af008bf27891.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been cool and damp here. So I fired up and it feels great. Here is my dog Pierre's favorite spot
597b90fa93e478fba886af008bf27891.jpg

LOL!!!! That's great!!

Pierre looks ticked about the wood chips in his sleeping spot.

He got over it and went to sleep anyway

Back