Anyone else fired up their woodstove yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ours is fired up as well.

6088f419a924dff5bdaa06a04a7e7eb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got Ares going this morning. IMG_20171105_091803.jpgjust ran up to temp and let it die to take the chill out of the house.

Single digits temps tonight. I will be waking up every several hours and tossing in my set aside Tamarack for such cold temps. I've seen 30 below which is unbelievable. At such temps the wood stove can run 24/7 and yet is only warm to the touch as it can barely keep up with the freezing temps.

We usually don't get much colder than -30 most winters, sometimes doesn't get quite that cold. It sure makes the stove work at those temps, have to load it 3x a day!

The shop... at those temps it might stay 50*. I've had to chisel ice out of the toilet before.

The guys up north that see -60 every winter are tougher than me! Coldest I've been in was -46*. Once in Maine and once in Yukon

Well it was a rainy and damp day in these parts yesterday so last evening I fired up the outside hot air furnace. I wanted to take the dampness out of the house before bedtime. I'm glad I did, it is only about 32* this morning and a heavy frost. :) The misses and I are glad I did :)
rXasBcWl.jpg

according to the forecast we are supposed to get our 1st below freezing night this coming weekend so I think I will get a change to light up the stove.

Yesterday we fired up the Hardy for season 12.

stovetemp.jpg 20171108_072049.jpg

Why is the moon always smaller in pictures?? lol.

Our fall has had mild temps here in Ohio so I have put off firing up Smokey as long as I could. We used space heaters in the evening when the house would get cold. Now our house is warm as toast. We have the hottest shower in NE Ohio! Stay warm!

Was nice yesterday. Got up to 30*, sun was out, really couldn't complain.

Monday we had 50+ mph winds. Even with goggles on I got a ton of sawdust and silt in my eyes.

Supposed to get chilly later this week, below zero for the lows.

Have been getting the last of the components shipped in for the last 2 weeks. Just picked up the last 80' of copper pipe an hour ago. Maybe after the weekend I'll be able to report that mine is fired and giving out heat but probably not until next weekend. I'm to the point that I'm ready to hire someone to finish it! Of course if I could get some time off from work it could probably being running in 2 days! Day jobs are a real PITA

Was nice yesterday. Got up to 30*, sun was out, really couldn't complain.

Monday we had 50+ mph winds. Even with goggles on I got a ton of sawdust and silt in my eyes.

Supposed to get chilly later this week, below zero for the lows.
Invest in a pair of ski goggles

A little curious y you soldered female adapters on then used shark bite ends to go to pex. Y not save money and solder on pex ends?

Using 1 1/4" pex fittings, couldn't find any adapters other than the ones I used.

Back