Anyone ever do this

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Erock

Erock

ArboristSite Operative
Anyone here ever go around and pick up thrown out xmas trees to use for firewood?

Personally I think it wouldn't be worth the time cause they are limby, and the species used don't offer up much heat value.

just outta curiosity

Last edited:
HeX0rz

HeX0rz

ArboristSite Operative
:laugh: You know, when I first got into firewood selling, it was exactly one of the things I thought about doing. Then I figured out that it ain't worth a damn to do for money, lol.

bobt

Addicted to ArboristSite
WE used to grab one in each hand when we were walking down to the lake to ice skate. If enough guys did the same we had us a really nice bonfire,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for about 5 minutes!! Haha!

Bob

Steve NW WI

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
Better that ya grab a concrete block, tie it to the tree (or a bundle of em) and make structure at the local fishin hole next spring. That's what a buddy of mine does on his pond.

Mine wind up starting bigger brushpiles. Like the others said, WHOOOOOF - done. But dang hot to light the rest of the pile.

KD57

Addicted to ArboristSite
No.

Toss one onto a burn pile sometime.
They whoof like pre-mix.

Is wood that scarce where you're at?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Learned my lesson on them too, tossed one on a hot burn pile and it was like tossing 3 gallons of gasoline on it. My neighbor collects and sinks them in the lake for crappie magnets.

avalancher

avalancher

Arboristsite Raconteur
Or, if you sell firewood, then do like I do. Starting right now, add this to your ad.

"Want that Christmas tree gone after Christmas? For a mere $65 I will deliver a nice seasoned oak ric to your home, and leave with your old Christmas tree."

I usually get $60 per ric anyway,and since I am showing up to deliver wood, why not have them fork over another five bucks for me to leave with their tree?I picked up over 40 christmas trees last year and had one hell of a bonfire at the end of January.
Takes less than thirty seconds to heave the tree in the truck and back out.I even got two trees fully decorated, my neighbors kids had a blast taking all the ornaments off the tree and i didnt even charge them for the goodies!;)

Erock

Erock

ArboristSite Operative
Learned my lesson on them too, tossed one on a hot burn pile and it was like tossing 3 gallons of gasoline on it. My neighbor collects and sinks them in the lake for crappie magnets.

I've watched people shove em down ice holes for that exact purpose haha. It's illegal but eh, who's watching right:Eye:

alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
If you have a bit of property, like to rabbit hunt or like other wild life just toss them into a pile as a home to rabbits and other wild life. They also make a dandy snow fence along an area that drifts snow in bad.

Not worth burning even in a bom fire they just go to fast.

:D Al

D&B Mack

D&B Mack

Sawin Wit It!
Or, if you sell firewood, then do like I do. Starting right now, add this to your ad.

"Want that Christmas tree gone after Christmas? For a mere $65 I will deliver a nice seasoned oak ric to your home, and leave with your old Christmas tree."

I usually get $60 per ric anyway,and since I am showing up to deliver wood, why not have them fork over another five bucks for me to leave with their tree?I picked up over 40 christmas trees last year and had one hell of a bonfire at the end of January.
Takes less than thirty seconds to heave the tree in the truck and back out.I even got two trees fully decorated, my neighbors kids had a blast taking all the ornaments off the tree and i didnt even charge them for the goodies!;)

Good thinking, rep sent.:clap:

Latest posts