Anyone install wood burners in the Cincy/northern ky area?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueLude2001

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Long story short my little brother wants to install a wood burner along with having the option to use his gas furnace.

He's asked around for people who install them and everyone always says the same guys name.... Said gentleman was called to the house for an estimate and showed up and looked it all over and my brother can't get the guy to return his calls.

This all happened about a year ago and my brother doesn't know where to turn. He's called businesses listed in the yellow pages but he gets the same line from them -"we only install fire place inserts"

Yeah, there are very few people that are willing to mess with it unless they sell you a new unit...

It would be a new unit. The store where my brother was going to purchase the unit even recommend this guy and said they don't know of anyone else around who installs them. Maybe the install is tougher than expected. I have no idea.

A free standing stove should be easy to install unless you are trying to put it some place that you shouldn't, like for instance where the flue would go through the middle of an upstairs room. It might be very expensive depending on how many obstacles get in the way of running the flue or how much the floor it stands on needs to be reinforced. The price of the stove itself is probably the cheapest part of all. Next would be the cost of pipes and chimney, then the price of the hearth and highest of all would be labor. A $1000 stove could easily set you back over $6000.

Back