Anyone Interested?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, lets see.
Its a telephone wire transfer or cash only deal to INDONESIA.

Who's gonna be the guinea pig here?
I'll tell ya what. Send me the money.
Same end result, except you'll end up with an old Poulan instead of nothin.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Info

Ok guys, so this is what I do for a livin here. When your interested in a website that your uncertain of, go to dnsstuff.com and use the dns lookup button with the name of the website you want to check. I.e. this one

It gives you this result:

How I am searching:
Searching for www.alibaba.com A record at k.root-servers.net [193.0.14.129]: Got referral to e.gtld-servers.net. (zone: com.) [took 86 ms]
Searching for www.alibaba.com A record at e.gtld-servers.net. [192.12.94.30]: Got referral to ns8.alibabaonline.com. (zone: alibaba.com.) [took 78 ms]
Searching for www.alibaba.com A record at ns8.alibabaonline.com. [60.190.232.99]: Got CNAME of www.gslb.alibaba.com. and referral to 3dnssh.alibabaonline.com. [took 593 ms]
Searching for www.gslb.alibaba.com A record at i.root-servers.net [192.36.148.17]: Got referral to I.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. (zone: com.) [took 187 ms]
Searching for www.gslb.alibaba.com A record at I.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [192.43.172.30]: Got referral to ns8.alibabaonline.com. (zone: alibaba.com.) [took 108 ms]
Searching for www.gslb.alibaba.com A record at ns8.alibabaonline.com. [60.190.232.99]: Reports www.gslb.alibaba.com. [took 608 ms]

Response:

Domain Type Class TTL Answer www.gslb.alibaba.com. A IN 77 60.190.241.1 gslb.alibaba.com. NS IN 56159 3dnssh.alibabaonline.com. gslb.alibaba.com. NS IN 56159 3dnshz.alibabaonline.com. 3dnshz.alibabaonline.com. A IN 172800 218.108.233.62 3dnssh.alibabaonline.com. A IN 172800 60.190.232.196

NOTE: One or more CNAMEs were encountered. www.alibaba.com is really www.gslb.alibaba.com.

Then:

Click on the link with the address 60.190.241.1 and you will get the following:

China [City: ]

[Caching always on for search engines and InfoPath]
ARIN says that this IP belongs to APNIC; I'm looking it up there.

Using 30+ day old [STALE - being deleted now] cached answer (or, you can get fresh results).
Hiding E-mail address (you can get results with the E-mail address).

% [whois.apnic.net node-2]
% Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

inetnum: 60.190.241.0 - 60.190.241.255
netname: ZHEJIANG-ALIBABA-LTD
descr: Alibaba Com (China) Technology Co.,ltd.
descr:
admin-c: DX215-AP
tech-c: CH122-AP
changed: ********@dcb.hz.zj.cn 20060405
mnt-by: MAINT-CN-CHINANET-ZJ-HZ
source: APNIC

role: CHINANET-ZJ Hangzhou
address: No.352 Tiyuchang Road,Hangzhou,Zhejiang.310003
phone: +86-571-85157929
fax-no: +86-571-85102776
e-mail: *********@mail.hz.zj.cn
trouble: send spam reports to *********@mail.hz.zj.cn
trouble: and abuse reports to *********@mail.hz.zj.cn
trouble: Please include detailed information and times in UTC
admin-c: CH54-AP
tech-c: CH54-AP
nic-hdl: CH122-AP
mnt-by: MAINT-CHINANET-ZJ
changed: ******@dcb.hz.zj.cn 20031204

person: Defang Xiao
nic-hdl: DX215-AP
e-mail: ******@mail.hz.zj.cn
address: 6Floor CUANGYIE Hall Huaxing Road Hangzhou,Zhejiang.Postcode:310000
phone: +86-571-85022088
changed: ********@dcb.hz.zj.cn 20060331
mnt-by: MAINT-CN-CHINANET-ZJ-HZ

If your in doubt, This gives you all the info you need to check on a website for fraudular activity etc... Please do this if EVER in doubt or uncertain.

SmokinDodge said:
Thanks for the leg work Cisco, but what does any of that mean? Are they legit or bogus?

Sure glad you asked that, I wanted to, but, well....... my namesake.................

Honestly

SmokinDodge said:
Thanks for the leg work Cisco, but what does any of that mean? Are they legit or bogus?

I'd actually say these guys are legit. Problem is, since it's coming from another country wayyyy over in China, you have to pay duty/customs brokerage fees etc... By the time you get it, you can add about another 3 or 400 on top of the price of the saw. Soo, more like close to $1000. Is it worth it??? I wouldn't do it. Just in case...

ciscoguy01 said:
I'd actually say these guys are legit. Problem is, since it's coming from another country wayyyy over in China, you have to pay duty/customs brokerage fees etc... By the time you get it, you can add about another 3 or 400 on top of the price of the saw. Soo, more like close to $1000. Is it worth it??? I wouldn't do it. Just in case...

Now that I understood!!!! $500 to $1000, uncomfortable with the seller, no buy there!!
Thanks Cisco:rock:

Actual site

This is their actual site. I couldn't find any complaints on them, but they could be well hidden. FYI...

www.gslb.alibaba.com

Edit:
Just so you all know my opinion of this site. I do think it's legit. I also think it could be one of the new ways for Al-Quada to make money. They are now into Jewelry and a bunch of other legit businesses out of their own country. Alot of this money goes to sponsoring these guys.

Last edited:
You don't need to track the IP.
They specify that the only type payment is a wire transfer or cash.
What do you think the chances are that a company who claims to be in India, that we now know (thanks Cisco) is actually based in CHINA, is going to make good on a cash only deal?
You go first, let me know how you like the saw.
;)

sawinredneck said:
Sure glad you asked that, I wanted to, but, well....... my namesake.................

No problem.

"No one can make you inferior without your consent." I like that line better than the ol "No stupid question" line

Thing

musch said:
You don't need to track the IP.
They specify that the only type payment is a wire transfer or cash.
What do you think the chances are that a company who claims to be in India, that we now know (thanks Cisco) is actually based in CHINA, is going to make good on a cash only deal?
You go first, let me know how you like the saw.
;)

I don't think I would do it. However, now alot of companies overseas are doing it this way. Specially since there's over $300 billion in credit card fraud.

http://www.alibaba.com/manufacturer/14273192/Sell_Husqvarna_575xp.html

Read this. These guys actually do buy and sell merchandise. However, you can't just buy it from them. I believe you have to leave them a message, they get in touch with you, then the actual purchase is done with someone else, and shipped from another company, god knows who. Tell you what, since I'm an engineer for an ISP, and this is what I do, I'll look into it further and tell you all my findings. Now go have a beer, lol... :cheers:

Hm, agree with cisco (excellent tracking info btw) on his take on actually getting a saw over here, who knows what the bottom line would end up being and whether it'd cost effective for only one unit. I spent some time on the alibaba site yesterday checking out manufacturers, testimonials, interesting stuff including the interview with one of their heads. Seems they are in business linking buyers and wholesalers and make their money through membership fees and services, wanna buy a million tonnes of sugar and ship it to your doorstep? They'll hook you up, handle the money etc., sort of an industrial e-bay from what I can gather with a ratings system of checks and balances. That said I wonder if one could get the seller of those Huskys to send the serial numbers and then track their origion to the manufacturer that way? Dunno. Because of things like the Stihl knock-off bs and the fact that Asian industry can replicate anything they can dismantle, I'd be wary to say the least. Its also sort of hard to get your head around the shear magnitude of the Asian industrial complex, gotta remember they represent/supply/deal with nearly half the world's population (guesstimate).
I had a good chuckle on one of the saw makers sites, a 46cc monster called 'Hammer' (hey, will take up to a 24" bar if I recall), maybe something is lost in translation? What next? Electric drills called 'Wrench'? 'FootSock' stereos? 'Sunny Potato' car co.? Gah! It boggles the mind.......k k, I go now coffee is calling to me.
:popcorn: :popcorn:

Back