Anyone Interested?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Bosses cousin has used www.alibaba.com with to compete with a european company that duplicated his product that was orginally made in the US; however, the european company did not abide by his copyright. He then created a specification for his product put it up on the website and had companies bid on the work. He ended up flying to Taiwan to meet with the companies CEO and they struck a deal.... They have since been in business for years.

alibaba.com

Sooo, I checked with internet security today about this site and ran every check I could find. I can't find anything wrong with their site. Doesnt seem to be any complaints, no pending fraudulant charges, they seem to be on the up and up. FYI.

Personal note:
I myself wouldn't send anyone a single solitary penny out of this country, and am very wary of sending people in this country anything. Only because I see all the worst cases of identity theft, credit card theft, etc...

ciscoguy01 said:
Ok guys, so this is what I do for a livin here. When your interested in a website that your uncertain of, go to dnsstuff.com and use the dns lookup button with the name of the website you want to check. I.e. this one

It gives you this result:

How I am searching:
Searching for www.alibaba.com A record at k.root-servers.net [193.0.14.129]: Got referral to e.gtld-servers.net. (zone: com.) [took 86 ms]
Searching for www.alibaba.com A record at e.gtld-servers.net. [192.12.94.30]: Got referral to ns8.alibabaonline.com. (zone: alibaba.com.) [took 78 ms]
Searching for www.alibaba.com A record at ns8.alibabaonline.com. [60.190.232.99]: Got CNAME of www.gslb.alibaba.com. and referral to 3dnssh.alibabaonline.com. [took 593 ms]
Searching for www.gslb.alibaba.com A record at i.root-servers.net [192.36.148.17]: Got referral to I.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. (zone: com.) [took 187 ms]
Searching for www.gslb.alibaba.com A record at I.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [192.43.172.30]: Got referral to ns8.alibabaonline.com. (zone: alibaba.com.) [took 108 ms]
Searching for www.gslb.alibaba.com A record at ns8.alibabaonline.com. [60.190.232.99]: Reports www.gslb.alibaba.com. [took 608 ms]

Response:

Domain Type Class TTL Answer www.gslb.alibaba.com. A IN 77 60.190.241.1 gslb.alibaba.com. NS IN 56159 3dnssh.alibabaonline.com. gslb.alibaba.com. NS IN 56159 3dnshz.alibabaonline.com. 3dnshz.alibabaonline.com. A IN 172800 218.108.233.62 3dnssh.alibabaonline.com. A IN 172800 60.190.232.196

NOTE: One or more CNAMEs were encountered. www.alibaba.com is really www.gslb.alibaba.com.

Then:

Click on the link with the address 60.190.241.1 and you will get the following:

China [City: ]

[Caching always on for search engines and InfoPath]
ARIN says that this IP belongs to APNIC; I'm looking it up there.

Using 30+ day old [STALE - being deleted now] cached answer (or, you can get fresh results).
Hiding E-mail address (you can get results with the E-mail address).

% [whois.apnic.net node-2]
% Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

inetnum: 60.190.241.0 - 60.190.241.255
netname: ZHEJIANG-ALIBABA-LTD
descr: Alibaba Com (China) Technology Co.,ltd.
descr:
admin-c: DX215-AP
tech-c: CH122-AP
changed: ********@dcb.hz.zj.cn 20060405
mnt-by: MAINT-CN-CHINANET-ZJ-HZ
source: APNIC

role: CHINANET-ZJ Hangzhou
address: No.352 Tiyuchang Road,Hangzhou,Zhejiang.310003
phone: +86-571-85157929
fax-no: +86-571-85102776
e-mail: *********@mail.hz.zj.cn
trouble: send spam reports to *********@mail.hz.zj.cn
trouble: and abuse reports to *********@mail.hz.zj.cn
trouble: Please include detailed information and times in UTC
admin-c: CH54-AP
tech-c: CH54-AP
nic-hdl: CH122-AP
mnt-by: MAINT-CHINANET-ZJ
changed: ******@dcb.hz.zj.cn 20031204

person: Defang Xiao
nic-hdl: DX215-AP
e-mail: ******@mail.hz.zj.cn
address: 6Floor CUANGYIE Hall Huaxing Road Hangzhou,Zhejiang.Postcode:310000
phone: +86-571-85022088
changed: ********@dcb.hz.zj.cn 20060331
mnt-by: MAINT-CN-CHINANET-ZJ-HZ

If your in doubt, This gives you all the info you need to check on a website for fraudular activity etc... Please do this if EVER in doubt or uncertain.

You could also just read their disclaimer re this seller, right under the listing

This member's information has NOT been authenticated or verified by Alibaba or any third party. Only Alibaba Gold Suppliers and TrustPass members have completed an Authentication and Verification procedure conducted by third-party credit-reporting agencies.

Your check is on the website only, you have no info on the particular seller.

Tis true

trimmmed said:
You could also just read their disclaimer re this seller, right under the listing

This member's information has NOT been authenticated or verified by Alibaba or any third party. Only Alibaba Gold Suppliers and TrustPass members have completed an Authentication and Verification procedure conducted by third-party credit-reporting agencies.

Your check is on the website only, you have no info on the particular seller.
:)

SmokinDodge said:
No problem.

"No one can make you inferior without your consent." I like that line better than the ol "No stupid question" line

I like that, but I like this one better...

there is not stupid questions, just stupid people that ask questions!

Freakingstang said:
I like that, but I like this one better...

there is not stupid questions, just stupid people that ask questions!

HEY now, I .................... OH................ nevermind:laugh:

Latest posts

Back