Anyone Know How To Fix One o' These?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm not sure what the question is Poge, but I'd be happy to try and help if I can........

Have you tried logging out and logging back in? Maybe try using a different computer. That's all I got.

I'm being a bit snarky here, fellas. (And do appreciate the sincerity.)

Just seein' if I can get 17,000 views and 300+ responses like Mastermind who was complaining about the same issue in his rather dynamic thread the other day...

Frankly, I sure as hell hope not!

I'd just like to see some professional responsiveness from the owners and admin resources supposedly in the driver's seat of keeping this site going smoothly in the aftermath of the transition and in the best interests of the membership.

Way too much falling through the cracks lately and it just isn't happening.

I hear ya. I just want my preferences here to function according to my choices. They don't...even after lengthy correspondence with the new folks who are supposed to be the magic bullet getting the forum straightened out.

Just ain't happenin'.

What trophies?

that's what I noticed....

I tried to turn off email alerts, but still getting them for "conversations".

some guys want full email alerts, some don't......

I must be the only guy on the planet that turns off every notification on Facebook and every forum I'm involved with. I get enough damn junk email.

Well, I am more hardcore..no facebook!

the only email I want from a forum would be some serious critical announcement, something important, anything else, I can navigate a board all by myself.

I will say this for the new software (or hosting outfit), site seems faster than before.

I am mostly colorblind so can't comment much on colors, mostly, the entire internet is sucky looking to me, but I got used to it a long time ago. As long as there is enough contrast, i can read stuff.

I block blinky ads. And audio ads. And popup ads. Text ads I find acceptable.

Well, I subscribe to a handful of threads I like to keep up with...mostly Stickys where I find the most value for my time spent here. I like to know when there is new activity on any thread I find valuable enough to subscribe to without having to weed through everything...just like it always was.

Pretty simple, really. Either choose those preferences or not. They work, or they don't.

They simply don't work properly for me since the changeover.

Alerts are the little green box that pops up at the top of the page. You don't get those?

Note that it doesn't say anywhere on the Alert Preferences page that you get an email. That is for conversations, and is configured under Contact Details.

So noted. And thanks.

However...

I know how it is supposed to work from every angle you can config prefs in XenForo. Their php code for notifications is not set up according to the available choices in the web GUI front end of the application.

Have you checked the prefs in your Watched Threads? Mine are set to provide email notifications when there is activity in a thread...which should correspond with the 'little green box' notifications when working properly.

Neither of mine function according to my preferences and/or the functionality designed into the forum software.

One cool feature of this forum is that it pastes a miniature of your avatar on the threads you have commented in. Much easier than subscribing and getting an email everytime anyone farts in a thread.

Latest posts

Back