Anyone know where I can find these tongs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pike it alot

pike it alot

ArboristSite Lurker
Thanks guys.Called them up yesturday and they where quite a bit more than I expected ($236.00 plus shipping).That's more than I can afford right now but i'm thinking of trying to fab up a good pair of tongs.I have a pair of one handed tongs similar to the Sthil ones but I need a two handed pair that I can get ahold on some of the bigger logs.Any of you ever make your own?

dingeryote

dingeryote

Blueberry Baron
Nope, never made my own.
I have seen a pair of cheapo skidding tongs, converted to hand tongs with a welder though.:hmm3grin2orange:

Just noticed you are in Unakleet. I gotta ask.
Is the Sagoonik clan still in the village?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

mbbushman

mbbushman

ArboristSite Lurker
Yep, knew they would be pricey. I got mine from an estate sale for 30 bucks :hmm3grin2orange: Your best bet is to find an old railroader with a set laying around in the shed. They are very difficult to find around where I live as well. But when I lived in northern Ontario, they were all over because so many people were employed by the railroad there.

pike it alot

pike it alot

ArboristSite Lurker
Nope, never made my own.
I have seen a pair of cheapo skidding tongs, converted to hand tongs with a welder though.:hmm3grin2orange:

Just noticed you are in Unakleet. I gotta ask.
Is the Sagoonik clan still in the village?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Quite a few Sagooniks around here.Crazy you ask,you been here before?

Latest posts