Anyone paying 400 bucks to save their pics & vids?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen anything from photobucket about this regarding my account but notice others are having 'third party' warnings posted instead of pics.
I wonder if there's a size/usage threshold before they want $'s?

Random pic test to see if I'm afflicted yet...

288lite1_zpsc8310902.jpg

Well, I can see the pic, if anyone can't please let me know...

Here's what I see.

Strange how this works, when I posted the pic I could see it but this morning I can't.
There's no indication on my account that anything has changed.
Thankfully I have nothing there that isn't backed up and I haven't been using them for some time but I have thousands of links in forums past.

This is going to be an incalculable loss, I can't even imagine how much good stuff out there is gone.
They can Rot and I hope they lose everything...

Strange how this works, when I posted the pic I could see it but this morning I can't.
There's no indication on my account that anything has changed.
Thankfully I have nothing there that isn't backed up and I haven't been using them for some time but I have thousands of links in forums past.

This is going to be an incalculable loss, I can't even imagine how much good stuff out there is gone.
They can Rot and I hope they lose everything...
You will get an email. I got one about a week after it happened.

I haven't seen anything from photobucket about this regarding my account but notice others are having 'third party' warnings posted instead of pics.
I wonder if there's a size/usage threshold before they want $'s?

Random pic test to see if I'm afflicted yet...

288lite1_zpsc8310902.jpg

This is what everyone else sees:

PhotoNazi.png

Just did some reading on the situation, now I understand more of what's going on. They're owned by Fox, somehow I'm not surprised...
Looks like it's reverberating through the whole industry and beyond, in large part due to the sleazy tactics employed, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I assume you can see the pic because you are the logged-in account holder. The rest of us see the "Update your account" pic instead.

I assume you can see the pic because you are the logged-in account holder. The rest of us see the "Update your account" pic instead.

Actually I could see it last night after I posted it but couldn't this morning.
From what I've read, how they've been implementing it all has been somewhat random.

What irks me about this is the fact that it still bogs down your browser with all the copies of that damned placeholder image.

PB didn't have the decency to ad any sort of common identifier that you can put into an addblocking filter, thus avoiding the wasted bandwidth and slowed browser.

The only reason I haven't just put a total filter on photobucket as a whole,
is that there are actually a few sites where people have apparently payed to keep the images alive.
==
Then here's a problem with hosted photos in general:
I used to download some of the better web pages to save them for when website die out.
Once so many people went to 3rd party image hosting, that meant you now just got a web URL in place of the images that used to be embedded into websites.
This makes it useless to try archiving/downloading the good informative threads anymore.

Oh and for all o yall that moved an image and thus left us looking at that friggin kitten?
(and I say this lovingly)
Screw y'uns I hope ya see what it feels like be left lookin at placeholder instead of the picture!

I only can imagine that they want members to close their account and get stuffed. No commercial oriented company would behave as they did.
I sent them a nice email that they can stick their 500 plus deal where the sun don't shine. Not that it will help much, but at least I felt I did something good, LOL.

Latest posts

Back