Anyone use a Load Handler?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnf0929

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was talking to a guy I work with about the firewood business and he asked if I had a pickup truck bed unloader. I had vaguely remembered hearing about them but it hadn't occurred to me to use it for wood. I googled and found this.

http://www.loadhandler.com/

Seems like a pretty good idea but sometimes these type of contraptions end up being a lot cheaper and flimsy than advertised.

Anybody use one and if so what is your opinion?

Thanks!

Yea they work great. A buddy of mine has one on his pick up truck. We unloaded a bunch of gravel and a couple loads of sand. Just gotta make sure the rear of the truck bed is not sagging real bad. The crank handle will hit the ground when unloading if you got to much weight in the bed.

I was talking to a guy I work with about the firewood business and he asked if I had a pickup truck bed unloader. I had vaguely remembered hearing about them but it hadn't occurred to me to use it for wood. I googled and found this.

http://www.loadhandler.com/

Seems like a pretty good idea but sometimes these type of contraptions end up being a lot cheaper and flimsy than advertised.

Anybody use one and if so what is your opinion?

Thanks!

I have had one since 1999. My brother got me one when he was a parts man at John Deere. I have used it to haul shingles, gravel, sand, rocks, leaves, furniture, and junk. It has torn and I just glued a piece in the tear and it has been fine for years. I have overloaded it with sand, I am sure because I had to shovel some out before I could crank it. I would bet I had 2,250 -2,500 lbs of sand.

The only thing to watch for is getting a load in FRONT of the wheel wells. It will load lock and you will have to shovel it out. It sure has saved me a lot of unloading! I don't use it for wood since I stack it in the box and go in front of the wheel wells. Back in '99 I think it was only $99 retail!

Thanks. I just found and ordered one on realtruck.com for $90. I dont mind loading it piece by piece but unloading it the same way gets old really quick. I posted about getting a case of tennis elbow this year and loading and unloading the 25 face cords I sold and delivered since September probably had something to do with it.

Thanks. I just found and ordered one on realtruck.com for $90. I dont mind loading it piece by piece but unloading it the same way gets old really quick. I posted about getting a case of tennis elbow this year and loading and unloading the 25 face cords I sold and delivered since September probably had something to do with it.

If you dont mind, PM me when you get one of those and let me know how it works for firewood, or post on the boards here if you prefer. I sell wood by the rick, and if I am delivering only one rick, then it goes in the back of my truck. Two or more gets delivered in my trailer. I have been looking at those unloaders for awhile, but have been a little leery of em.
Since most of my deliveries are one rick per delivery, that thing would get a lot of use if it actually worked. Not only that, it would help me justify the fact that I do not stack wood when delivering, just dump and go!

They're "rated" for 2000 lbs. and a face/third/rick of dry fire wood isn't that heavy. As long as nothing gets hung up it shouldn't provide nearly as much resistance as some of the material it's supposedly designed to handle - mulch, topsoil, etc.

Although there were times when it was nice to get to meet and speak to my customers as we unloaded piece by piece there were a lot of times when I could have saved a ton of time and more importantly energy with one of these.

Back