Apologies to anyone I left hanging on PMs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyctreeman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got lost for a couple of weeks during a sad time for me.

A very good friend of mine for many years, a really good guy, who I've done many tree jobs with, a guy who I hadn't talked to for the last year, lost his 13 year old daughter last February to a rare cancer.

From what I gather from friends, he began sinking into depression and some kind of addiction to pain killers since that, and about two weeks ago he was found dead in his house by a neighbor, suspected suicide.

I spent the last two weeks reconnecting with the family ... unfortunately I missed the funeral because I didn't find out about it until a day after the service.

He was a great guy, I'd like to say I can't understand how this could happen, but then I can't imagine the pain of losing a child that way, or any other way for that matter.

Len.

Sorry to hear about the terrible happenings, I hope that the family mends.
It's left the family in a state of disarray of course ... I'm no good at this stuff, there's never a right answer or right thing to say.
I felt bad for not being in contact with him over the last year or so, of course I got the feeling that maybe I could of helped him in some way if I was there ... human nature.
His older brother and sister in law are watching over the family very closely, so they're in the best hands that's possible at the moment.

I don't have a smart phone with internet access, so when I flake out for some reason and don't access my computer at home, I lose all contact with the internet ... and I'm not big on social websites either ...

Back