Apres Day In The Woods Footwear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I took Burvol's advice. Now, if the snow ever clears so we can get to the woods, here's my shoes. Note: He DID NOT advise what color to get. It was my choice. Goes well with pink socks, eh? What do you wear?

attachment.php

I guess you could just "fasion" those trees on over.

No more need for wedges. Shoot, you might have to put Twinkles and Barbie on early retirement.

Yes and they come in sizes to stick in your mouth too!:buttkick: Or elsewhere. The power is trying to go off here. :cheers:

Okay, okay...I'll quit making fun of your feet. It's just that you're the only person I know that works in the woods that wears boots with minus signs in front of the size. That's it. I promise. No more feet jokes.:monkey:

Last edited:
When people would make fun of my grand dad's feet, he'd look em right in the eye's and say; They build sh@t houses on stilts, you've got to have a foundation to........................................oh yeah, he had big feet. Scratch that.

Andy

So when do you get the Kuliens?

If you think you have small feet ask them about the pair they made for the air force recruit. Size ones and they were sent back because they were too big.

I'm staying away from this one. After a week of trying to get my foot out of my mouth after calling you 'Mr.', and another week trying to wipe the egg off my face after telling the boys their shovel wouldn't work for a skyline yarder....nope. Nothing from me.

Merry Christmas, SlowP.

So when do you get the Kuliens?

If you think you have small feet ask them about the pair they made for the air force recruit. Size ones and they were sent back because they were too big.

They said maybe by Christmas. But that is not the case. Since we have 2 feet of snow in the valley and I don't know how much up higher, there's no hurry. Driving around Chehalis and Centralia is not fun right now. Walking there is even less fun. If I go back before it melts, I'm taking the Yaktraks with me.

I saw the end of Man vs Wild where he told how to get out of quicksand. :)

My croc review:

Don't wear them out to shovel snow. After a while, one notices that one's heels are very very cold. But that takes about 20 minutes or so, depending on the depth of the snow.:)

So what do you where when your cuttin'?

I am not a cutter and only a bucker when a road needs opening. But when I'm out harassing loggers, I'm what they call "The Forester" when they're in a good mood, and unprintable when they are not, I wear caulks. Right now, if anybody was working, I'd have on the Vikings, fleece top layers, hardhat, orange vest, and tin pants. In the non snow season it's leather caulks and summer clothes. I have a pair being made with 12 inch tops which protect the shins more than lower boots when crawling around in the brush, giving the stinkeye to the rigging crew or fallers. :)
Those are the Kuliens.

Latest posts

Back