Arboristsite has cost me $$$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, owbguy,
My splitter has a 10 second cycle time, fully auto-cycle (throw the lever and let go of it, splits, retracts and idles down all by itself)... and does this qualify as "two man" wood?

180000d1302789730-noodle1-jpg

Had a few saws, a grinder, basic PPE, and other stuff before signing in. (B.A.S).

Since joining A.S. (A.A.S.): ultrasonic cleaner, compression tester, tachometer, vacuum pump/gauge, chain spinner/breaker, flywheel puller, seal puller, splined carb adjusting tool, Fiskars X-27, timberjack, PowerSharp chains, several additional wedges, additional chaps, a battery powered saw, several additional project saws, Save Edge files, a bunch of things from Baileys, . . .

BUT,

I have also learned an incredible amount and have met some really good people. All in all, a good investment.

Philbert

Phil, where'd you get the ultrasonic cleaner? I've been trying in vain to find one in a store anywhere in the NE metro, maybe I'm not looking in the right places. I'm not a big online buyer, but I'm about ready to on one of these.

Don't know if you can blame it on Arboristsite or not but I just walked in the door with a new playmate for my Husky Rancher. Got what I thought was a decent deal on a Sthil MS250 in near new condition off of Craigs list. Is this how CAD starts? Should I seek treatment immediately? All BS aside you won't find a better site with more information then this one.

Don't know if you can blame it on Arboristsite or not but I just walked in the door with a new playmate for my Husky Rancher. Got what I thought was a decent deal on a Sthil MS250 in near new condition off of Craigs list. Is this how CAD starts? Should I seek treatment immediately? All BS aside you won't find a better site with more information then this one.

That, and it's just plain entertaining... :msp_thumbup:

Phil, where'd you get the ultrasonic cleaner?

I bought one of the cheap HF units when it was on sale and I had a coupon. Got it down to about $50. Usually don't like their stuff, but just wanted to try it at low risk for carbs, screws, and smaller things, etc. not suitable for my other cleaning methods. Played with it a little (got sidetracked!!!) and it seems to work. Several A.S. threads on these.

Ultrasonic Cleaner - 2.5 Liter

If I was a shop and planned on using it regularly, there are several available on-line in the $300 - $500 range that I would look at.

Philbert

Another contagious bug is the maple bug. It causes you to run around and put holes in maple trees every spring. It also gives you a strong desire to aquire things made of stainless steel SSAD. Many people afflicted with the maple bug also consume large quanities of Boiling Sodas aka Beer. It tastes good with fresh hot maple syrup!

Boiling sodas...beautiful!

We had that bad storm in October that trapped my family with a few fallen trees. I don't like that feeling. I hit the ground a few times etc with my ms250 and still worked through most of it with some neighborly help. I never assume help. Point being most people need 1 saw but that 2nd saw is back-up is just like a friend.

I came in here to read about that 2nd saw. I ended up with the 362. I stayed because the forums are fun reading. I've read numerous threads and every page of Craigslist and Wood Hauler Pics. The ingenuity amazes me. I've learned more than I bargained for. I thank you all.

I've been jonesing for a pick-up but I'm not sure if that's from all the ads from football season, this site or both.

I don't have 35 saws and I just don't understand CAD. I've got 9 vehicles covering almost every decade from the 30's to the 00's and plans for several more but I don't understand CAD. :laugh:

It comes down to priorities though. Wood is something I enjoy but the main purpose is heating the house, not occupying my time. Saw has to work, and it does, but I've got a backup. I use a hammer and two wedges when I'm gathering wood but I'll probably get a couple more wedges for backup. The splitter is a homemade Super Overkill 6000 because I needed one, and because the parts were dang near free (4" cylinder, 3000 psi pump, 14 hp engine, and enough steel to build a small truck, for $350), and because I could. Woodsheds are big because the wood that was available for cheap and free dictated larger construction so I built appropriately. And the truck? Well, it's my truck. Building stuff like that is what I do.

Whitespider, you don't have a collection of anything? I think most of us spend the younger part of our lives wanting to get stuff, and by the time we're older it's just become a habit to keep accumulating. Either that or we're really just big ants and we're programmed to make piles of stuff then move 'em around.

CAD members on AS

Cad sufferers come to AS like a 12- step program, but we like encouragement instead of a cure!!(21 saws and counting)

Cad sufferers come to AS like a 12- step program, but we like encouragement instead of a cure!!(21 saws and counting)

So . . . are you suggesting that we are CAD enablers or more like a CAD support group?

Philbert (somewhere around 17 saws . . . I think . . . ? - I'll know better when I clean out the garage . . . )

Would that be a 12 step program or a 12 guage program? Racking a pump is almost as sweet a sound as a Stihl 056 Mag.

So . . . are you suggesting that we are CAD enablers or more like a CAD support group?

Philbert (somewhere around 17 saws . . . I think . . . ? - I'll know better when I clean out the garage . . . )

Well, it's kinda like holding AA meetings at a bar.

Latest posts

Back