Arboristsite has cost me $$$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut firewood for over 3 decades on the single saw plan, 20 inch homeowner grade, and perfectly happy. Then I stumble onto this site and in a few short months I'm cutting with a 346xp and MS362. SWEET saws, but I'm still here.

I feel used and abused by this strange disease. It lurks in the shade of late night computer lit rooms. Then one day when your resistance is down and your desire is up it consumes you. You are left with a smile on your face and your wallet is much thinner. The last time I caught something this bad and this fast I had to bite my belt when I peed. This time there is no cure in sight.

When I came to this site I had 2 craftsman saws for cutting wood, was given a homie from a guy at work and found another homie in the dumpster at the town garage. Needing info on the homies I turned to this site and got hooked. Another guy at work saw me working on the saws at work and ended up giving me 11 more saws. Again I turned to AS for help and repaired and sold off most of the saws given to me and then it started. Buy 2 saws, repair them, sell 1, buy 2 more saws, repair them sell 1. Before you know it CAD is deeply ingrained in your blood and you can't pass up a "good" deal. Sorry to say, THERE IS NO CURE

When I came to this site I had 2 craftsman saws for cutting wood, was given a homie from a guy at work and found another homie in the dumpster at the town garage. Needing info on the homies I turned to this site and got hooked. Another guy at work saw me working on the saws at work and ended up giving me 11 more saws. Again I turned to AS for help and repaired and sold off most of the saws given to me and then it started. Buy 2 saws, repair them, sell 1, buy 2 more saws, repair them sell 1. Before you know it CAD is deeply ingrained in your blood and you can't pass up a "good" deal. Sorry to say, THERE IS NO CURE

I am here for you and willing to help you with your affliction Brother Djones. Send me a list and I might let you ship some of your saws, parts, or tools to me to lessen your burden, to aid your recovery, and to make room for more saws for you.

In kindness,

Philbert

So . . . are you suggesting that we are CAD enablers or more like a CAD support group?

Philbert (somewhere around 17 saws . . . I think . . . ? - I'll know better when I clean out the garage . . . )

And why can't it be both? These days everyone is OK with so many addictions / afflictions why can't we all just get a saw?

Im also guilty. im not sure if it was this site or the job i was doing at the time but some how i ended up with a brand spankin new Stihl 441CM-Tronic, shipped off a saw to be "ported", modded the muffler on every two stroke i own, resurected one saw and workin on another, bought a bench mount chain sharpener, and now im looking at other peoples wood splitters and haulers thinkin i need to upgrade in that department too. will it ever end?!?!?!!!!

Only when we run out of trees!!!! ;)

its even worse this time of year for me. im laid off and have nothing better to do. just the other day i dug out an old utility trailer and made sides for it to haul more wood... $35. new battery for the dead one in the 4-wheeler...$40. i finally convinced myself it would be more cost effective to just split wood rather than bring the old girl in for modifications, thinner oil so it works in the winter...$40. new batteries for the tractor so it would start in the cold...$70x2. and all that is because i found this site which spiked my intrest in wood cutting to a whole new level. better than playing video games i guess:D

Isn't it wonderful?

Before I found this site, I thought I had it made with my hydraulic homade super slow single stage splitter,d Poulan chainsaw and delivered in my shortbed Dodge PU.
NOW since this site...
3 hydraulic splitters
1 bobcat splitter
1 DR Rapidfire
Fiskars for fun
production table
log cradle
conveyor
log cart
2 dump trailers
1 dump truck
3 Dodge diesels
cant hook. Peavey. pickaroon
Bobcat with grapple
6 chainsaws
bench mount sharpener. (but I still prefer filing)
and a new laptop so I can read the forum on my Lazy Boy in front of my fire
That's all I can remember

better than playing video games i guess

See, and if you spent that money in a bar, what would you have to show for for it?

Besides, if the world really ends this year, according to some interpretations of the Mayan predictions, paper money will be worthless, but you will have 'stuff'!, right?

Philbert

Mingo Firewood Marker, Fiskars X25 and X27, The need for a big bore saw Stihl MS660 (Saw envy) Someone suggested Hebrew National hotdogs over the fire, now I am spoiled and paying a lot more for hotdogs.

What happen

It doesn't get any easier, you just cut wood faster. Greg LeMond
I started off just to split a little fire wood for the fire place now it's a gmc 6500 a gmc 4500 cat fork lift mf tractor 2 fire wood wrappers 3 log splitters Nisson pickup now I need a skid steer loader I don't know what I need it for but I do. Two buildings a kiln several steel baskets. Enough lawn mowing equipment to start a company service firewood makes you loose your mind. Later

See, and if you spent that money in a bar, what would you have to show for for it?
Besides, if the world really ends this year, according to some interpretations of the Mayan predictions, paper money will be worthless, but you will have 'stuff'!, right?

Philbert

a hangover to end all hangovers:hmm3grin2orange:

I started off just to split a little fire wood for the fire place now it's a gmc 6500 a gmc 4500 cat fork lift mf tractor 2 fire wood wrappers 3 log splitters Nisson pickup now I need a skid steer loader I don't know what I need it for but I do. Two buildings a kiln several steel baskets. Enough lawn mowing equipment to start a company service firewood makes you loose your mind. Later

you are not married .. are you... LOL

1-ton arbor press for removing/replacing bearings. $40 on CL

Philbert

attachment.php

Bought two (2) grinders I didn't need from fellow A.S. members this week. One is an 'upgrade' to the newer style Italian, self-centering vise. The other, a square grinder, just to play with/learn on.

Oh well, it's all good stuff that keeps it's value, and keeps me out of bars . . . (right?)

Philbert

Latest posts

Back