Arboristsite Saw Review Protocol/Use Disclosure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the thinking behind this thread and is the particular reason my post count isn't very high for my join date. I tend to just say something if I think it benefits the thread with my own knowledge and experience (very limited). I try not to regurgitate hearsay or popular opinion too often, but I'm sure we're all guilty of doing it. Many people on this board have a lot more informative things to say than I, so I let it roll if I'm not 100% sure on the subject. I don't eat, breathe, or live chainsaws nor do I use them as my main source of income - and I've never implied that. I appreciate the tons of valuable info on this website, which has helped me immensely, and I thank all of the great members who contribute their vast knowledge of these noisy little wood sabers.

Take 'er easy!

Evan

PS: 441 is a hog - long live the mighty 440! j/k - or am I?

Free is free. You get what you pay for. Quality information or an education costs money. Want to know all about a given saw?? Buy it and run it. You can always sell it for little loss if you don’t like it. If you can’t believe yourself, who can you believe??

But... but... but... If everyone only buys pro-saws then the homeowner saws will cease to be..... and then we won't be calling them anything but saws..... and then there won't be any arguments.......

I thought that was the secret motive all along in here????

Nice post, Spike, I agree that it gets a bit old when the first page of posts after someone inquires about a saw is all "buy only pro-saws!!! All others are a sin!!!!" If that mentality changes even just a little bit now, you have done the site a great service :cheers:

Free is free. You get what you pay for. Quality information or an education costs money. Want to know all about a given saw?? Buy it and run it. You can always sell it for little loss if you don’t like it. If you can’t believe yourself, who can you believe??

yep! That is what I keep saying about chains too. Buy the dang things and use them. That's teh only way you'll know what you want to know.

There is a saying, "experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted"

I only speak from my experience, unless I am being completely irrelevant, which seems to be half of my posts.

I have learned an amazing amount about how saws operate, I just thrashed them before, let others repair the damages.

Face it, if it wasn't for the plastic mini-motors, there would be far fewer members here. The "new blood" contains a few hardy souls that progress into real card carrying chainsaw enthusiasts. It takes a few posts to get a grip on this place, once you recognize what is crap, there is tons of good information.

I only speak from my experience, unless I am being completely irrelevant, which seems to be half of my posts.

I have learned an amazing amount about how saws operate, I just thrashed them before, let others repair the damages.

Face it, if it wasn't for the plastic mini-motors, there would be far fewer members here. The "new blood" contains a few hardy souls that progress into real card carrying chainsaw enthusiasts. It takes a few posts to get a grip on this place, once you recognize what is crap, there is tons of good information.
yup, still trying to gettin a wrap
on it.;). sometimes it's hard.

Good point Mike

Definitely respect your fortitude and flame resistant skin for starting this thread and raising the issue.

That said, I still stand by my philosophy be it saws, guns, tractors, etc.

If you buy something based solely on some unknown self-proclaimed internet guru's comments or opinions instead of doing your own research and buying what you feel best fits your needs and/or budget, then you deserve whatever you get or just as important, whatever you don't get.

If you think saw posts are bad, visit some gun forums and read all the posts by the 12 year old Jason Bournes or Top Shot wannabes whose applications were rejected because they were too good to qualify for the show.

Take Care

+1

Haven't finished reading this whole post yet and still had to +1 this!!

Back