arboristsite's most likeable member?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote for HBRN too! What a classy cat.

attachment.php

AS has good folks for sure

Funny that this thread popped up naturally. I was just at the point where I was thinkin' about starting an actual thread about how amazingly cool a bunch of the fools on this site are.

Without neglecting many others, I would have to nominate Mo Jim and Heimannm as two of the priceless ones. And, thankfully, I have actually met them both outside the digital domain.

Oh, and I still think Hedgerow's a pr#ck. But I'll bet he would tell you the same......

Sheesh the guy sounds like a real nutcase! :dizzy:

:msp_tongue:

As if we didn't know that - but that is not a disqualification here, as long as he is the right kind of nut! :msp_biggrin:

Btw, I hope you are not actually in those lakes, at this time of the year! :msp_scared:

Last edited:
Funny that this thread popped up naturally. I was just at the point where I was thinkin' about starting an actual thread about how amazingly cool a bunch of the fools on this site are.

Without neglecting many others, I would have to nominate Mo Jim and Heimannm as two of the priceless ones. And, thankfully, I have actually met them both outside the digital domain.

Oh, and I still think Hedgerow's a pr#ck. But I'll bet he would tell you the same......

Yea, but I would'nt tell him to his face. I'm 6'4" and seldom look up to anyone, but that a big ole cat. :D

Could someone please explain "likes, posts and credits" to me and probably some others. Under my (avitar?) I have 76 posts and 75 credits----what does that mean. Are the credits something to cash in somewhere? While on the subject of explaining this computer stuff, what are the reps and is it bad language that gets you banned to band camp? Thanks from an old (65 years) amateur chain saw addict, not a professional.

Ray

Stumpy has my vote.

Hey, Don't talk that way about my Herman Munster look alike buddy.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Could someone please explain "likes, posts and credits" to me and probably some others. Under my (avitar?) I have 76 posts and 75 credits----what does that mean. Are the credits something to cash in somewhere? While on the subject of explaining this computer stuff, what are the reps and is it bad language that gets you banned to band camp? Thanks from an old (65 years) amateur chain saw addict, not a professional.

Ray

It means that the credit system isn't working properly, as you should have more than that - not that it matters really.

I notified the admins a long time ago that it doesn't work properly, and repeated the "complaint" several times when nothing happened. Now I don't really care, but I thought the admins would - obviously not.

Then I suggested they removed the system (that is quite new anyway), and highly unfair by design - but still no reaction as I recall it.

Also, you can transfer "credits" to another member, but you likely have to "pay" some credits to do that. That's the reason one member has close to 5 times as many as anyone else, he informed others that he "collected" them, and got a lot of response - all in innocent fun of course, and likely just to show how stupid that system is.

You can also use credits to "buy" a new user name, a non-standard color/design on your user name, and some other frills - who really cares?

What "posts" means should be pretty obvious.

"Likes" are created by members pressing the "like" button on one of your posts, but hardly has much to do with how well you are liked as a person. Also, the system was introduced quite recently - so that system is very far from fair as well.

Bottom line, don't take any of that stuff too seriously. :msp_wink:

PS; It would have been more interesting if there also was a dislike button - I'm sure I would score very high on that "list" as well!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back