Are big saws just for people who rent their home?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes lets sell our modded up 066 to someone who has never ran a saw before. Then they cut their leg off. Next thing you know is your getting sued for selling it to them and the saw company gets sued for building one. Then the price of saws go even higher. I see your logic.

Ray

Sold what modded 066 to who? I have never owned a 066, much less a modded one. What does modded mean anyways?

See how easy it is to make stuff go away by just denying it ever happened.

By reading his "description", and still buying the saw, would be considered a contract releasing him from damages. All and all I believe his "description" is a smart move for anyone selling a chainsaw.

I own my own home and I own a big saw, big enough to pull a 42 inch bar on a mill!

We all know that they mean that it has more balls than a wild thing though don't we.

Yes lets sell our modded up 066 to someone who has never ran a saw before. Then they cut their leg off. Next thing you know is your getting sued for selling it to them and the saw company gets sued for building one. Then the price of saws go even higher. I see your logic.

Ray

I got insulted by some d...head for putting up a reply like this about a guy who smoked his 088 first time out. the d...head started ranting about driving cars and some other rubbish then had to add a personal insult just to try to make himself feel big.

but I am not going to do that as I thoroughly agree with what you say!!!

NOOBS shouldn't own big saws, learn on a H O saw then once you know what it can do move on.

I thought the first post was actually quite witty; how many guys who own big saws do actually own their own home outright? There might be some correlation between the size of your saw and your investment acumen ;-) I wonder how many of the richest million people in the world have ever owned/used a chainsaw!

The old joke comes to mind about the tree worker who won $5million dollars in the lottery and was interviewed by a reporter;

reporter "so, now that you've got all this money, do you think you will quit your job?"

tree worker "no, I'll just keep working until it's all gone"

;-)

Shaun

Kinda, not quite but kinda like a mate of mine called Paul who smokes. He always goes into the shop and asks for the packet of cigarettes that says "smoking will harm your pregnancy". Reckons it doesn't apply to him so he should be OK.:jester:

I think that we can all agree that there are differences between pro saws and occasional user HO saws (anti-kickback chains for instance). Like Ryan_Marine said by adding "IS NOT FOR HOMEOWNERS" to the listing helps to warn Joe Homeowner that there is a difference between saws. IMO it also discourages weekend warrior/HO's from inquiring about what you're selling.

If it's from a GOL guy... it's only been used for bore cuts, and then wiped down with a diaper at the end of the day. Saw will be in great shape... :laugh:

Gary

So, I guess I'll need to get a diaper for the September event? Cloth or Pampers? :laugh:

This is getting spendier and they don't give you a hat.

Back on topic, maybe it is because home owners, at least around here, use their saws for remodeling buildings. I do.

So, I guess I'll need to get a diaper for the September event? Cloth or Pampers? :laugh:

This is getting spendier and they don't give you a hat.

Back on topic, maybe it is because home owners, at least around here, use their saws for remodeling buildings. I do.

ah, go with Cloth.

Recycle, Go Green, Support Your Local Pulp Mill -make everyone happy. Heck Cloth can even double as first aid - just in case....

:msp_rolleyes:

Found this ad on Craigslist today. Here is a portion of the text (emphasis added):

This isn't a fast cutting saw it has HORSEPOWER to tackle the biggest trees and should only be operated by an experienced tree person".

In this case I believe him...

Husky3120.jpg

Just below that was this ad that read: "This is the mother of all chain saws".

Here is the ad header:

husqvarna 455 rancher - $300 (Fairfax)

Some you can believe, others you can't. By the way, the 3120 supposedly only has 45 minutes of run time and can be yours for $1650.

My ex neighbor that owns a tree company thinks i shouldn't own a 100cc saw because i am just a homeowner...Bob

It is quite possible that what is meant is that this saw is not for a homeowner unfamiliar with running a powerful professional grade saw, "because it can f u up if you don't know what you are doing.

I took the last line from a listing on the Bay online.

But really.. even if you lived in a condo.. rented or owned.. would you really want all you extra cash tied up in the stock market?? I would think the smart choice would be 24-48" razor sharp bars and huge 2-stroke engines!!.. plus the satisfaction of making sure each saw ran would bring added vaule to you rented unit.. Since no one likes a lazy neighbour!!!

Last edited:
The term homeowner is just a term used, even by the chainsaw manufacturers, to simply differentiate between small, gutless saws, and more powerful pro saws. Luckily I do not yet own my home, the bank owns a fair proprtion of it, but maybe in about 15-20 years I'll have to sell all of my saws...

This thread makes me LOL...

Gary

LOL lots...

Latest posts

Back