Are Stihl saws inherently feminine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickrosis

Manned by Boderators
Reaction score
It's struck me that with Ms. 440 and Ms. 660, etc, that they all seem to be unmarried women using an antiquated title in front of their names. Are Huskies masculine then? Should I switch over to the saw that matches my gender or is it ok if I use the saw of an opposite gender? Or are we all PC and say it's ok anyway?

With the "avatar" you've currently got, you'd better use the Husky products.

Well, if glens research is true, then I guess Stihl couldn't be accused of being inherently feminine. Because as we all know, women lie about their weight. :D

Nick, You must really be bored to come up with this one. I think you need a hobby outside of AS, don't you have a girlfriend ?? or need to do a term paper or do some studying or better yet go out and climb a tree.

I don't have a Ms in front, aren't they in capitol letters, maybe MS stands for More Saw ( than Huskie ) 660, do you think might be it.< I put a smilie here only it came out on the top.

Larry

Hey Ax Man maybe its miserable slower than a husky And his girl friend is writing the paper and he has already climbed all the trees he's like a monkey on speed :D :Monkey:

I'd say the Stihl MS may be more speed 660.

You're right though, this IS turning into an intersting if not funny thread.

My MS 440 (pronouced miZZ, not miSS, if you don't mind) is getting equal pay for the same work as the "male" saws.
She is a bit loud on the job, but I don't complain about her being social, because she shows up, is reliable, and she gets the work done.

It is surely better to run a mizz saw than a funny colored girly man one ! :blob2: ;)

Last edited:
Actualy it stands for MOTO SLUG (LOL) You know that they had it coming when they named them Stihl,stihl pulling, stihl in the stump,stihl in the shop,stihl not fast,stihl broken, and my favorite stihl over priced

Mine are old enough,they don't have Ms in their name.Why,I certainly won't have called them the names I did ,if they were ladies. :rolleyes:

thats the truth Al. Stihl does make very good saws I do own about 16 of them and I like them all

Good heavens!You have the market cornered on west coast Macs,and a good start on the Stihls.I think,maybe your saw shed needs it's own zip code. ;)

"shteel pulling, shteel in the stump, shteel in the shop, shteel not fast, shteel broken, shteel over priced"

I don't get it...

:<tt></tt>)

Latest posts

Back