Ariens Log Splitters with Subaru engine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvpski

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing a 27 ton Ariens log splitter. It has a Subaru engine. Does anyone have any opinions on Ariens Log splitter and Subaru engines?

Thanks

subaru bought out wisconsin some time back. i have one on my gene-i asked about them, and was told they are a great engine--mines great--cant tell ya about the splitter

I had to put a crank in one from a pressure washer. Coworker ran it out of oil. When I was inside it looked well built to me. I wouldnt be afraid to own one.They just arent as popular as the other engine makers. :)

I have a buddy with a suburu 6.5 on a go kart. It went thru my other buddy's 13 year old, and now thru this guys 12 year old grandaughter. Its probably 3 or 4 years old. Still starts first pull, doesnt use oil, no smoking....well you get the point. I would own one in a minute.

I have a buddy with a suburu 6.5 on a go kart. It went thru my other buddy's 13 year old, and now thru this guys 12 year old grandaughter. Its probably 3 or 4 years old. Still starts first pull, doesnt use oil, no smoking....well you get the point. I would own one in a minute.

Is it all wheel drive?

I was told that they are made by Ariens in Wisconsin

I inquired at another forum and got word from an Ariens employee that said that they are made in Brillion, WI at the Ariens plant.

I'm tempted to buy one over the Speeco/Huskee at Tractor supply I had figured on buying! I've always had good luck with Ariens products and also my local service/parts dealer that is maybe 10 minutes away. I know the engines are good if nothing else!

I'm looking at purchasing a 27 ton Ariens log splitter. It has a Subaru engine. Does anyone have any opinions on Ariens Log splitter and Subaru engines?

Thanks

my log splitter is a fuel injected 1.3 litre aspire engine......it's ODBII too... :)

it's a mazda engine with mitsubishi computer....

mines rated for 100ton at 4000PSI :p

i guess my point is doesn't matter how mixed up, matched, or company name, long as it works?

In a second look, they are are actually quite different than an MTD. Notice that the hydraulic reservoir is located perpendicular to the frame/hitch, not between the axles; everything underneath is protected very well. Also the pivot point looks to be much heavier than an MTD. Now, I am interested too.

Meh. Aiens has a good name, but that thing looks cheesy. I hope it's not!

I hate to see good companies cheapen themselves down.

From what can be seen on the web site the Ariens looks like a pretty well thought out machine. Engine and pump are away from the operator and protected. The short beam is less subject to flexing.

The one possible problem I see is the 6hp. engine which means it will have only a 11 gpm 2-stage pump . An 11 gpm pump with a 4.5" cylinder will run about a 16 second cycle time.

Overall it looked very well built to me. I may pull the trigger Thanks for the comments

ariens 27 ton splitter

I bought this splitter a few weeks ago and im very happy! it runs great and has alot of power. this thing will go through the knottest wood I have. make sure you buy hyd. oil with it. it came dry and needed two gals.

Latest posts

Back