Arizona Wallow fire pics.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredible pics I can't believe that so much beauty and destruction could could be in the same frame. Hope that makes sense ! Thanks for posting and hope everyone in that massive effort is safe.

There's a lot of good pictures on that slide show. It's sad how big the fire is now. I've been in some of that area from springerville southwest towards phoenix and in the alpine area is where I was staying at the time.

Looking at those pictures I'm assuming that most of those guys are part time/ or what the USFS calls temporary employees. What does it take to get on with the USFS to work part time like this?

Those first many pictures were brown nose pictures. They were of Tidwell, who is the current Chief of the Forest Service.
He is the head honcho, so many pictures must be taken.

GR Timber.
You need to fill out an application to get a seasonal job. Call your nearest ranger station and find out who to talk to. I believe you will need to get an application in during the first part of the year. Then trolls that live in an unknown bunker rumored to be somewhere in Albuquerque, where they actually have a dress code, or tried to have one, will pore over your application and decide what you are good for....even though they have no idea what the job is. Then a selection is made.

It is a tedious, time consuming process. Good Luck.

Those first many pictures were brown nose pictures. They were of Tidwell, who is the current Chief of the Forest Service.

GR Timber.
You need to fill out an application to get a seasonal job. Call your nearest ranger station and find out who to talk to. I believe you will need to get an application in during the first part of the year. Then trolls that live in an unknown bunker rumored to be somewhere in Albuquerque, where they actually have a dress code, or tried to have one, will pore over your application and decide what you are good for....even though they have no idea what the job is. Then a selection is made.

Who wizzed in your Cheerios this morning?:laugh:

Who wizzed in your Cheerios this morning?:laugh:

Sorry. Just cynical after many years. The Albuquerque (no) ;)Service Center has been a mysterious area. I do believe they have improved as I started getting retirement pay right away. Others have not been so lucky. There have been many horror stories of temporary employees not getting any pay, being unable to fill positions because of backlogs, numerous problems. They have improved. The FS is also going a bit retro after this grand experiment, they have put some personnel people back on Forests.

Like everything else, downsizing to save money but not time. OK, the other pictures were good--the Dirty People.

GR Timber.

Patty, sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on it. When I get paid I also get paid from that unknown bunker that someone has to go find everytime I submit an invoice. Seems like they lose it every time. Definitely can make for some cynical attitudes. Even with Honey Cheerios. lol

Here is a neat pic in Alpine. Only the burned up mountain behind the elk isn't neat. :msp_sad:

That picture of Alpine makes me wonder where my Hannegan Helitack hat is. I won it in a golf game there. No, I am not a good golfer and the game is quite boring unless you spice it up. I just happened to hit the longest drive in the Women's division. I think it was the thin air. ;)

The Apache Rez salvaged their burnt wood after the last big fire. I believe the folks on the Black Mesa FS district put up a little bit--snags along roads.

Here ya go boss.

188209d1308843210-elk5293el-jpg

Latest posts

Back