article of pride!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lxt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have been reading through the TCIA Mag & my arborist news mag., I came across an article from MR. Dunlap (Tom) who I must give kudos to for taking the stand against the TV shows that dont give a proper "real world" look at our trade but create TV drama which many think depicts our trade.

about the only thing I didnt agree with & thought was taken a little to far was the charges of "manslaughter/Murder" but I guess if you know your crews act so irresponsibly & dont act....well then it probably could be a chargeable offense.

apparently the history channel doesnt care, March 2nd the new season of Ax-men begins and the promotion of such has already shown what looks to be a disastrous filming of idiots who just dont care!! guess this makes for good TV!

So I just wanted to tell Tom......Good article & well put!

LXT..............

Unfortunately arborists are only one of many professions our enertainment industry portrays in the worst possible light.

:agree2:

Just a letter but a good one. in all this flap about nosak i have not heard a word about the psycho con game he does on tree owners..."that tree's gonna kill ya if i don't kill it" :censored:

That's almost as bad for our trade's image as the safety stuff--worse, in a way. :chainsaw:

It's just TV, I think most people understand that by now. I watch it when I can just to have a laugh, it beats Golden Girls.

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE ! That was what the rapper who wore a big clock strung round his neck always was hollering.
Persinally I haven't watched the show, no time, but have seen nosack on here and have to say I love to watch that guy and to hell with the rest. Well not really, he might hurt somebody so that is a concern BUT ya'll know me and you know The Dan so Nosack is like watching cartoons to both of us.
I have told people that ceratin trees where bound to kill them, its fun! Somethime they where in agreement, sometimes they asked because they had no idea, sometimes they knew it allready but remained in denial or worse, looking for a sucker to deal with it cheaply, to "take the rap" so to speak.
I wish there were people filming at most of the places me and The Dan have worked. Tons of drama, we are talking fights, breakdowns ( mental), health problems( that is a lot to deal with tright there), all sorts of wacked out crazy crap left and right all the time.
Always people knocking the other guy left and right and with vengeance to. Oh well, there is not much you can do about that. Maybe with all attention Nosack is getting he will realize the weak points and try to ammend them. Like get someone who knows what the heck they are doing.

Last edited:
I think we would enjoy spending some time on Noscaks crew, I really do.If we couldn't get that guy in shape no-one but osha could. I know The Dan would love the exposure and I could watch Nosack. Man! That guy IS Hollywood!

I agree with you guys it is like watching cartoons, LOL......But im telling you this; the ISA & TCIA are keeping track of fatalities/serious injuries, this trade will be regulated!!!!! #1- theres money to be made especially off guys with a talent & very little education.....#2- climate change BS will prompt regulations & im telling you it will affect all of us!!

we can all laugh at the road runner & coyote type tree care companies but they`re just a reason "for safety sake" for a third party to get involved, we may find it hilarious.......but rest assured ISA & TCIA dont humor at all.

we as tree "guys" joke in a lude manner, find humor in our co-worker slipping off a limb and scaring the hell outta him self......hell we`ll even see to it that someone bites it just too laugh at them!!!!! and why not? after all this is a trade where we are expected to go to the bathroom in the woods (row work) or when in town jump up in the chip box!! I know guys who are so use to this kinda releaving of themselves that they will go to the bathroom in the middle of a mall parking lot when taking the family shopping!!

Maybe along with safety, regulations on trimming & such they could find time to provide a "rule" in regards to bathroom/porta johns, how many here while working Line Clearance for production sake have dropped in the woods??

just some thoughts on where this trade has been & is going!!

LXT.............

Personally these guys have more equipment than brains. But drama sells and so does the horror and the stupidity= good ratings. Everyone is tuning in to see what these idiots are going to do next. Anyways the people that do watch this then get me to come and do there tree work will make me look like a Greek God with a rope, saddle, and saw. When is it on? OH $hit I think right now! Got go!

Tom's right

Teach the children well, else they will end up imitating the TV show. Everyone that knows better, knows the show is full of bad acts. Tom's speaking out against it is what everyone who knows better should do. Stand up and be counted, don't sit back and do nothing. The bad is, so many people with all the brains of a turnip watch and think this is the way it's supposed to be done. You see them all the time on you tube.

Back