Let the low ballin begin!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lowballing and current conversation aside, what do you guys think this season will be like? Same as the last 2, better?, worse? I think the fuel price is gonna kick me in the balls like it did in 07'.

I'm not expecting anything great. I don't think the economy is better at all yet. I agree, the $4.03 for 87 octane I payed this morning, probably aint gonna help either. It has been an exceptionally long and nasty winter here though, so things are off to a slow start for me. That said, the weather is finally getting nicer (supposed to hit 80 today maybe), and the phone finally ringing with some decent calls. Just had a decent customer call with some takedowns actually, so that's a good sign. Still not very optimistic, personally.

4.03 a gal is SUCH BS....3.80 here. Personally, I am both surprised and grateful to be as busy as I am. The thing that kinda worries me about the price of gas is that it seems like people are just putting up with it more. Like...nobodys saing much..just saying like.."oh well" and "what u gonna do"..."cant do nothin". IDK what my point is...just sucks I know that. I havnt heard "car pool" lately...maybe thats what I am tryn to say.

4.03 a gal is SUCH BS....3.80 here. Personally, I am both surprised and grateful to be as busy as I am. The thing that kinda worries me about the price of gas is that it seems like people are just putting up with it more. Like...nobodys saing much..just saying like.."oh well" and "what u gonna do"..."cant do nothin". IDK what my point is...just sucks I know that. I havnt heard "car pool" lately...maybe thats what I am tryn to say.

I am still working on a hydrogen generator to boost my mileage it costs me 20 bucks to go to town:dizzy:

Hydrogen is an outstanding fuel. Apart from it's ridiculously difficult and inefficient storage and handling requirements, it is an almost ideal fuel. It is pure, burns clean with exceptional energy release, and it is commonly available.

Now here is the problem: it requires more energy to make it than it releases. So the only place it gets used is where it cannot be replaced with something better...like rocket fuel.

Now if someone can figure out a high current, low voltage, earth based electric power supply that can be used to separate water into O2 and H2, then all our energy problems will be over.

Capturing the voltage difference between the Atlantic and the Pacific comes to mind, or the voltage potential between deep earth magma and the cooler surface comes to mind, but these are nothing more than science fiction right now.

Last edited:
Hydrogen is an outstanding fuel. Apart from it's ridiculously difficult and inefficient storage and handling requirements, it is an almost ideal fuel. It is pure, burns clean with exceptional energy release, and it is commonly available.

Now here is the problem: it requires more energy to make it than it releases. So the only place it gets used is where it cannot be replaced with something better...like rocket fuel.

Now if someone can figure out a high current, low voltage, earth based electric power supply that can be used to separate water into O2 and H2, then all our energy problems will be over.

Capturing the voltage difference between the Atlantic and the Pacific comes to mind, or the voltage potential between deep earth magma and the cooler surface comes to mind, but these are nothing more than science fiction right now.

Boost generators can save a few mpg alternator pull is minimal in mpg. I have a friend that does it and it is saving him 3 mpg it is not stored it is burnt as its made!

My dad used to swear that his cow magnets improved fuel economy too.

The bottom line is very simple: water separation is a 100% energy conversion. recombining oxygen and hydrogen yields exactly the same amount of energy that is required to separate them from water.

...Minus the extra friction it takes to drive the alternator.

...minus the extra energy required to heat the windings with the current passing through the generator...and all the other intricate varieties of friction that prevent perpetual motion.

I suppose that introducing Hydrogen & oxygen to a fuel mixture might increase fuel efficiency somehow, but I would bet that it accelerates combustion and makes it knock; much like reducing the octane. I don't think anything (edit: common) burns faster than an o2-h2 fire. Actylene & cyclopropane burn very fast, and with more released energy, but not as FAST. That's why it makes such good rocket fuel.

Edit: Fluorine is more electro-negative, and chemically similar to oxygen. Fluorine reactions with hydrogen are probably faster, depending on the original formulation of fluorine. Elemental fluorine is so reactive, it practically does not exist in pure form. (also true for chlorine)

Last edited:

The bottom line is very simple: water separation is a 100% energy conversion. recombining oxygen and hydrogen yields exactly the same amount of energy that is required to separate them from water.

...minus the extra energy required to heat the windings with the current passing through the generator...and all the other intricate varieties of friction that prevent perpetual motion.

I suppose that introducing Hydrogen & oxygen to a fuel mixture might increase fuel efficiency somehow, but I would bet that it accelerates combustion and makes it knock; much like reducing the octane. I don't think anything burns faster than an o2-h2 fire. Actylene & cyclopropane burn very fast, and with more released energy, but not as FAST. That's why it makes such good rocket fuel.

I like my frogs legs real done sir.

I suppose that introducing Hydrogen & oxygen to a fuel mixture might increase fuel efficiency somehow, but I would bet that it accelerates combustion and makes it knock; much like reducing the octane. I don't think anything (edit: common) burns faster than an o2-h2 fire. Actylene & cyclopropane burn very fast, and with more released energy, but not as FAST. That's why it makes such good rocket fuel.

Edit: Fluorine is more electro-negative, and chemically similar to oxygen. Fluorine reactions with hydrogen are probably faster, depending on the original formulation of fluorine. Elemental fluorine is so reactive, it practically does not exist in pure form. (also true for chlorine)

If it accelerates combustion then less fuel is needed right? In a carborated vehicle hydrogen through electrolysis injected under the throttle plates would reduce the needed fuel for propulsion right? Combining solar for electrolysis and incorporating an agitator in the generator to increase hydrogen output and passing it through a bubbler then into the carb is what I am planning. I have some good stainless for coils and I am going to have multiple and separate coils to increase production. probably like twelve coils in my generator battery then solar panels which I don't have yet lol. I will probably use a aquarium pump for agitator and oxygen. The idea is to conserve fuel not so much end it but it would be great to fill up with water lol:cheers:

Fuel efficiency is more than speeding up the combustion reaction. In internal combustion engines, it is more a case of improving the capture of the heat released, and burning completely to CO2 & water. This is why most big diesel engines are turbocharged.

Hydrogen and oxygen react super fast, and would only accelerate the combustion in the cylinder, thereby causing detonation, more commonly called "knocking" or "pinging".

Most of the modern techniques that I have learned about to improve engine efficiency involve swirl chambers and more/bigger valves to improve the mixing of oxygen and gasoline. Obviously, the computer controlled valve and ignition timing are going to help a lot, too.

Another trick that I think is becoming more utilized than in the past is a simple property of thermodynamics & engines: the efficiency of an engine is directly related to the temperature difference between the combustion temperature and the exhaust temperature. By improving the materials inside an engine to withstand higher combustion temperatures, it is relatively easy to capture more of the energy. This is why we keep hearing about the ceramic engines; they can take the heat, but they don't do so well with friction. You may also notice that radiator pressures and thermostat temperatures have gone up since the '70s?

I think if you add any sort of contraption that creates a gas mix of hydrogen and oxygen in the same vessel, you are begging for an explosion. Even the slightest spark will set off a really big bang.

Ever have a battery explode on you? I have, and it was NOT fun either time it happened. Consider the damage done by an exploding battery, and that is only a couple of cups of explosive gas mix. Get a gallon or two to light up inside your engine compartment, and you will be dodging the airborne components of your fuel efficiency booster.

BTW: I was kneeling over one of the batteries that exploded. I was covered in battery acid, and the impact of the top of the battery HAMMERED me on the bottom side of my forearm. No water to wash off the acid with for miles, I was in quite a pickle...

Couldn't hear right for several days, either.

Fuel efficiency is more than speeding up the combustion reaction. In internal combustion engines, it is more a case of improving the capture of the heat released, and burning completely to CO2 & water. This is why most big diesel engines are turbocharged.

Hydrogen and oxygen react super fast, and would only accelerate the combustion in the cylinder, thereby causing detonation, more commonly called "knocking" or "pinging".

Most of the modern techniques that I have learned about to improve engine efficiency involve swirl chambers and more/bigger valves to improve the mixing of oxygen and gasoline. Obviously, the computer controlled valve and ignition timing are going to help a lot, too.

Another trick that I think is becoming more utilized than in the past is a simple property of thermodynamics & engines: the efficiency of an engine is directly related to the temperature difference between the combustion temperature and the exhaust temperature. By improving the materials inside an engine to withstand higher combustion temperatures, it is relatively easy to capture more of the energy. This is why we keep hearing about the ceramic engines; they can take the heat, but they don't do so well with friction. You may also notice that radiator pressures and thermostat temperatures have gone up since the '70s?

I think if you add any sort of contraption that creates a gas mix of hydrogen and oxygen in the same vessel, you are begging for an explosion. Even the slightest spark will set off a really big bang.

Ever have a battery explode on you? I have, and it was NOT fun either time it happened. Consider the damage done by an exploding battery, and that is only a couple of cups of explosive gas mix. Get a gallon or two to light up inside your engine compartment, and you will be dodging the airborne components of your fuel efficiency booster.

BTW: I was kneeling over one of the batteries that exploded. I was covered in battery acid, and the impact of the top of the battery HAMMERED me on the bottom side of my forearm. No water to wash off the acid with for miles, I was in quite a pickle...

Couldn't hear right for several days, either.

So, was that the topic of your next safety meeting?
Jeff :msp_tongue:

So, was that the topic of your next safety meeting?
Jeff :msp_tongue:

Well...no. But I got a lot of respect from my thugs as to how I handled the situation.

I got a full refund at the battery dealer, no questions asked. I walked in toting the shattered remnants of the battery, looking freshly blown up myself and still covered with "washed down from battery acid", and I flopped the pile of pieces on the counter.

They coughed up a new battery as soon as they could confirm the brand name. They didn't even ask when I bought the battery.

I was out on a boulevard mowing when it blew up. I quickly drove down the road, looking for a pond, ditch, house with hose, gas station, ANYTHING! The first place I stopped was a run down used car place, the Indian/Pakistani operators told me their bathroom was closed. I didn't exactly take no for an answer, and then I discovered they had no functioning water. At all. Anywhere!

The only water in the building was the really foul toilet :poop: (that would not flush ) and the sink filled with dirty water and about 50 cockroaches :shock: floating on the surface. So...I washed off the battery acid.

Then I went to go see the company that sold me the battery!

Last edited:
Wow I had a good one this last night at 630 pm I was at my daughters soft ball game and figured that I would call back in the morning , so I did just that at 9am I called the guy and he actually told me there was a company there working on the tree already amazing .... I have to speed up a bit to catch up with all the fast pace I guess ....

you belong in jail, thinking like that. their family would.:mad:

There was a guy killed at my buddies work , he was riding on the trailer tongue for some reason fell off and was killed , his family was taken care of without them asking , his brother stills works there and he was missed by all the guys there ,more than 120 , and he was a Mexican these guys who trash them and wish them harm are worse than the problem itself ..

Latest posts

Back