AS Member Broken Down On Interstate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't realize Randy started a thread too. Thanks Randy.
I just posted this in the other thread but here it is for anyone didn't catch it.
"Mel is in good hands. He was picked by a member of the shovel head forum. Got him off the highway and into a lot. Tomorrow morning a friend of the guy who picked him up is a Volvo mechanic and is going to pick up the car and get cracking on it.
And to top it off he brought Mel and his dog to a place he owns on the water about 40 min away and is letting him stay there til it's fixed!
And he's never met this guy!!!
I never would have thought to ask online... But I'd be happy to help someone however I could as well."
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't realize Randy started a thread too. Thanks Randy.
I just posted this in the other thread but here it is for anyone didn't catch it.
"Mel is in good hands. He was picked by a member of the shovel head forum. Got him off the highway and into a lot. Tomorrow morning a friend of the guy who picked him up is a Volvo mechanic and is going to pick up the car and get cracking on it.
And to top it off he brought Mel and his dog to a place he owns on the water about 40 min away and is letting him stay there til it's fixed!
And he's never met this guy!!!
I never would have thought to ask online... But I'd be happy to help someone however I could as well."
Dan

I talked to Mel too. He is in good hands, I am looking forward to his call tomorrow.

I've seen guys from these forums come together to help each other time after time. It's made me think about just how much good there is in this old world. After watching the news, a feller would be inclined to think the world was a cesspool, with no good people in it. You guys prove the news wrong....

Stuff like this restores my faith in mankind.

Life is so short, and at the end of the day... saws, hotrods, guns, and all the other "things" that we love, don't mean a darn thing- but the people behind those hobbies and other interests that connect us do, and at the end of our lives it's the people that we're going to remember. Might have taken me a few years to learn that... but in 50 years (if I'm still around), I know I'm not going to remember the saws at the gtg's, but the people and friends I had fellowship with there. Glad someone could help Mels out. There are some darn fine people out there in this world, and quite a few of them are on this site.

Back