AS members, its time to take care of our own

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does shipping the helmet from member to member help the members?

The helmet,after being signed be any member who wants to sign it,will be raffled off at the end of the year.All the proceeds from the helmet raffle as well as some other things that have been donated by members and several of the sponsors from this site will be then be dispursed to a member in need or to a charity of our choice.I figure in Octobor we can open a thread where members can nominate where the funds will be sent to.

While I am on the subject, I have gotten a few PM from members who want to know how the funds are being kept, and who is responsible for keeping track of the funds.As one member put it, "how do we know you arent going to just pocket the money and take off?"

Well,I guess you dont know,a certain amount of trust is invaluable here,but I asure you that I have no intentions of keeping a dime of the money myself.If there is anyone that would like to nominate a second in charge,speak up now.I will hand over co-access to the paypal account so that each and every dime is accounted for.Right now we are already sitting on funds that have been donated by members that wanted to contribute but where unable to sign the helmet for one reason or another.

Hopefully the auction will bring as much as was spent on shipping! Keeping tabs on shipping spent?

I figured that the cost of shipping was rather miniscule compared to what the helmet may be worth to the lucky member who wins the helmet.Although of coarse I am not elgible to win the raffle,I would pay a pretty penny for a keepsake with 100 plus signatures of what I call my friends.Maybe I am a little different.

Hmm.Treeco,I dont see your name on this list!Wanna sign up and add your signature?:)

Got the helmet today. I added a couple gems to the package (including one very small snacky for Ljute.)

Will mail it along to Steve Foss tomorrow.

The paint pens work fairly well, but perhaps after everyone signs, the helmet should have a coat of polyurethane or something.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Put me on the list as one who needs the funds from the auction.:)

I doubt that.

But yes, a lot of money is being spent aside from the real situation though its not like the USPS doesn't need the money either.
It might make more sense just to send the money one would spend on shipping the helmet directly to the persons who are going to get the proceeds from the raffle but that might conflict with a few common denominators. Like some people just wouldn't accept that kind of charity. And who who send money to a stranger?
And of course the doubt that the money from the raffle is actually going to go to these persons in need might be in question of course.
This way, you get to be a part of some sort of history. Check out Unc Moustache. Don't he look proper? You could too.
I tell you what, I 'll give you the 7 bucks, sign it, take a pic, put it up then send it to me. What's yer adress? I'll have a check it the mail pronto.

Last edited:
Now don't give me any of that " I don't want to give anybody my address" crap. Its not like this isn't 2010 and we couldn't find out for 20 bucks.

Got the helmet today. I added a couple gems to the package (including one very small snacky for Ljute.)

Will mail it along to Steve Foss tomorrow.

The paint pens work fairly well, but perhaps after everyone signs, the helmet should have a coat of polyurethane or something.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looking good there Josh!Glad to see you having some fun with it!Thanks for the pics!

Hopefully the auction will bring as much as was spent on shipping! Keeping tabs on shipping spent?

:yourock:

Why don't you keep tabs on the shipping. It seems like you are interested in the matter and need something to keep your mind occupied.

Go kick rocks while you are at it.

Looks like the helmet is making the rounds fairly quickly. Way to go AS!:popcorn::clap:

I have also been away lately. This is a good thread, and idea. It appears to be coming to my area in the next few days, and I'd like to sign the helmet. PM sent Av.

Just got a PM from StihlyinEly,he has the helmet and is sending it on its way to the next member.Iska3, you are the next on the list!

Thanks everyone for making this happen!

Latest posts

Back