AS members, its time to take care of our own

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bore pig,metals, and treemandan, I have you on the list,but I am going to have to make some changes.The route that the helmet is going to take is already printed and in the box with the helmet, and it has been driving me crazy changing the route each and every time someone sends in a request.So here is what I am going to do.

After it makes its way up through the northeast and all the way up to Vermont,I will send a new shipping list to Jon E in Vermont.It will then catch all you guys on the way back down to the central states.I have plotted all the new addresses on a map, and grouped the addresses together so it should be not only quick to get from one member to the next but save a lot on postage.The closer you are to the next address the cheaper the shipping.When it left here it was 4.95 to the next guy.If you guys can hang on for a bit, it shouldnt be too long in getting its way back down the east coast area.I will have it stop here in TN before it heads its way across the southern states,and I will then add all the new members that chimed in after the helmet shipped that are located primarily in OK,TX,and Nevada.

Oh,and one more thing.A number of members have added items to the box for the raffle.While I appreciate your gesture,it only adds weight to the box and increases postage.If you want to add items to the raffle, let me know and I will have UPS stop and pick the items up from you at my cost.Just box it up, let me know what it is and approx what it weighs,and I will do the rest.I can either email you a UPS label or just have the driver stop by and pick it up.

bore pig,metals, and treemandan, I have you on the list,but I am going to have to make some changes.The route that the helmet is going to take is already printed and in the box with the helmet, and it has been driving me crazy changing the route each and every time someone sends in a request.So here is what I am going to do.

After it makes its way up through the northeast and all the way up to Vermont,I will send a new shipping list to Jon E in Vermont.It will then catch all you guys on the way back down to the central states.I have plotted all the new addresses on a map, and grouped the addresses together so it should be not only quick to get from one member to the next but save a lot on postage.The closer you are to the next address the cheaper the shipping.When it left here it was 4.95 to the next guy.If you guys can hang on for a bit, it shouldnt be too long in getting its way back down the east coast area.I will have it stop here in TN before it heads its way across the southern states,and I will then add all the new members that chimed in after the helmet shipped that are located primarily in OK,TX,and Nevada.

Oh,and one more thing.A number of members have added items to the box for the raffle.While I appreciate your gesture,it only adds weight to the box and increases postage.If you want to add items to the raffle, let me know and I will have UPS stop and pick the items up from you at my cost.Just box it up, let me know what it is and approx what it weighs,and I will do the rest.I can either email you a UPS label or just have the driver stop by and pick it up.

If I add something to the raffle. . . I'll just ship it to ya. No need for you to accrue all these costs. :cheers:

So when were you thinking about having the start of the raffle? . . End of November?

If I add something to the raffle. . . I'll just ship it to ya. No need for you to accrue all these costs. :cheers:

So when were you thinking about having the start of the raffle? . . End of November?

that is what I am figuring on,a lot depends on how fast this helmet gets around to all the members.In an ideal world,it would be great to have everyone who wants to sign it get their chance, raffle it off along with the other goodies,and have the raffle goods and helmet get to their new owners by Christmas time as well as distribute the proceeds to the folks/members/charities in time for christmas.

attachment.php

Forgot to add my picture of the helmet. Unfortunately I damaged the camera before I got to take the other pictures. It was in the center of the GTG convention. I was going to go to the other side and get a piture with it and all the ASers that showed up

attachment.php

Hah, found it.

Last edited:
Just got a PM from StihlyinEly,he has the helmet and is sending it on its way to the next member.Iska3, you are the next on the list!

Thanks everyone for making this happen!

I'll let you know when I receive it and take it over to MNguns ASAP.

What about the guys in Mora, MN who were on here last winter? I'll take it around to be signed and ship once everyone signed it.

Anyone around East Centeral MN. area should let me know ASAP and they can save on shipping.

I only added a couple of old metal splitting wedges. Shouldn't add more than 18-20 pounds.:)

Well, at least you showed some restraint.I figure any day now I am going to hear from somebody complaining on the 69lb package showing up at their door, filled to the brim with dehydrated monkeys brains, slug guts, and flailed Yugoslavian rats.Im at least relieved to see Uncle that you sent something useful to the next guy,even if its only to bash in the brains of a unruly mother-in-law.

I only added a couple of old metal splitting wedges. Shouldn't add more than 18-20 pounds.:)

That explains the PM that's being sent around. Every other person on the list is going to send the box back to you (by mistake) so you'll send it to the next person. If my math is right, the next 32 people will be sending you the box and while they only have to send it out once, you'll be sending it out 33 times.

Oh! Neat looking wedges.. I'd send you a rep but I need to pass em around first.

the 69lb package showing up at their door

Dr. Freud. Paging Dr. Freud.

filled to the brim with dehydrated monkeys brains, slug guts, and flailed Yugoslavian rats.Im at least relieved to see Uncle that you sent something useful to the next guy,even if its only to bash in the brains of a unruly mother-in-law.

URGENT! PAGING DR. FREUD! URGENT!

:)

Dr. Freud. Paging Dr. Freud.

URGENT! PAGING DR. FREUD! URGENT!

:)

No need to page the guy,I have him on speed dial.Occasionally we golf together,but after our last round and I had an unusual occurence with a golf tee,he doesnt come around much anymore.But now his sister.....well...thats another story.

No need to page the guy,I have him on speed dial.Occasionally we golf together,but after our last round and I had an unusual occurence with a golf tee,he doesnt come around much anymore.But now his sister.....well...thats another story.

heh...I don't golf. But if I did, I'd never hit the greens with that cat.

Last thing I'd need is some dude psychoanalyzing the size of my club and my obsession for getten a hole in one!

is the list of who gets this helmet when release....just wondering how many stops till it gets to me...cant wait...also where is the paypal info ? hard to track all this reading the threads

I'd like to be a part of this , but it would probably ruin two weeks sending it here and back, not to mention the guy who got stuck sending it here would have a stroke at the postage cost...............

:spam:

I heard that you often purposely don't hit it farther than the ladies tee, just so you can walk around with your pants around your knees. Is that true?

That explains the PM that's being sent around. Every other person on the list is going to send the box back to you (by mistake) so you'll send it to the next person. If my math is right, the next 32 people will be sending you the box and while they only have to send it out once, you'll be sending it out 33 times.

Well, I've got a cure for that - send a photo of the helmet to those 33 and tell them to sign the photo and mail it to Avalancher's psychiatrist!!

Well, I've got a cure for that - send a photo of the helmet to those 33 and tell them to sign the photo and mail it to Avalancher's psychiatrist!!

Why did I know you'd come up with something like this... What makes you think that Avalancher only has one psyc? Just to be safe, I think we should send it back to you each time.

I'm also sending you a pet rock so you'll have something from Minnesota. I kind'a ran out of funds so I'm sending it to you COD... Not many get a 15 pound rock from MN. so you should consider yourself lucky. I think you'll like it..

Why did I know you'd come up with something like this... What makes you think that Avalancher only has one psyc?

Well, I hate to admit this,but I do have more than one.I actually have two. One in a fancy smanzy office where the receptionist is always yelling about wood chips and such, and the other feller who has a real tendency to follow me around just about anywhere.Well,almost anywhere, he takes taco bell and the local florist shop.And he aint much good for wood cuttin and such.

My only real complaint about the guy is he has a real tendency to blend in with the surroundings.In fact, I am the only one who has ever seen the guy. Last week I stopped at the local pizza joint and the lady asked me why i was ordering two pizzas and i started to explain that one was for me and the other was for Lenny.And dang it,he blended it so good with that chair that the woman looked all over and couldnt see the guy. I gotta make him quite wearing flannel I guess.....
Ever seen a guy wear flannel swim shorts?Its hideous.

I heard that you often purposely don't hit it farther than the ladies tee, just so you can walk around with your pants around your knees. Is that true?

Shoot,a guy has to do something to show off these new cowhide underwear. The last time i asked some gal if she wanted to see some beef I got run over by her golf cart and the midget that was driving beat me with a nine iron.And all I wanted to do was show off my new six ply steel belted radial cowhide underwear that I ordered from a monk in Paraguay.

Some folks just dont appreciate a good sense of humor nor fine underwear!

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have the infamous Hardhat in Milaca, MN. I remember several people in Mora who joined this forum. If anyone near my area is interested in signing the hat, I'll be willing to run it over so let me know before I send it off on Tuesday. MNGuns, I sent you another PM Hope to see that SS of yours and pay my debt. That will be a 12 pack of ???? :cheers:

I'd bring over a case but you have a lot of wood to stack.. :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back