ascending/descending

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tree dude

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i was reading my tree climbers handbook and it suggests trying a klemheist as a climbing knot. can any one give me some insight on this i mainly use a Blake's and was going to try something different.anyone ever use a single tautline instead of a prussic on their laynard?
i am thinking of buying another saw, currently my big saw is a husky 371 which i love and wouldn't't part with.i want to get another limbing saw.
what are dolmar saws like comparable to a husky.

thanx.

tree dude said:
i was reading my tree climbers handbook and it suggests trying a klemheist as a climbing knot. can any one give me some insight on this i mainly use a Blake's and was going to try something different.anyone ever use a single tautline instead of a prussic on their laynard?
i am thinking of buying another saw, currently my big saw is a husky 371 which i love and wouldn't't part with.i want to get another limbing saw.

thanx.
try a vt, taughtline on yer lanyard is a throw back, or a distel on the lanyard micro pulley back up sweet one hand op, or use a short eye/eye for the vt on the lanyard, dolmar is pretty tuff like husky, i only have the 110 though depends on location of dealer and ease of parts, best dudes for dlmar i found here, cuttin scott at cuttingedge in greenwich ny he shipped me mine and it was cutting one mother fu**er ayuh j

tree dude said:

thanx.

I've used a Klemheist as a backup to a rescue eight on decent. I find it easy to tie/untie and works easily.

The "Klem" hitches are more for a footlock ascent.

I'ts tied like a prussic, but more coils on one side then the other.

I can never remember which is the Klemhiest, or the Krutzklem

husky 371

i no sooner had the last post saying how i liked my husky and my saw died 3 days after that. no compression the only way it wouyld start if i kept the throttle all the way in, and then it wouldn't idle.
the saw shop said it looks like a "hot seize".

i don't know what happened, my saw is always maintained in the 8 years i had it. i always used sunoco 94 octane and husky 50:1 mix.

295.00 for a new jug and piston another 70.00 to install it. and thats not counting on anything else he finds that caused it.
is this common on husky saws?
anyway iam looking at a husky 575xp, a stihl 460 or a stihl 441.
any suggestions on these saws on maint.,ease of use etc.

thanx

martin hitch

i have bin using the distel 4 my climbing and my lanyard for about 3yrs. i like the hitch very much but today i tried the martin and it seems 2 work better by not binding up as much after being loaded. it is very similar 2 the distel if u r firmiliar with that u should try the martin. here is a pic of my setup with the martin and i dont think i will use the distel any more for this application but it still works great 4 locking off a pull line with a pulley. it it wont hold the load u can always make another turn or 2 or 3:rockn:

Latest posts

Back