atom on a mc 10-10 probs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paz

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
was playing around with my mac 10-10 automatic today and it seems i may have a problem with it from the old owner...whats its doing is,,once started and warmed up,,when you pull her wide open to full noise whilst doing a cut it is dying at full revs,,but it will run all day long at half revs or a little more cutting or not......now,,,,first off it has been fitted with a blue atom ignition module,,,from doing a little searching im pretty sure it has to be fitted with a brown module...would this be the first thing i should be changing or am i missing something else(tuning etc)..also,,,if i do change over to the brown module,,will the inbuilt rev limiter bother the saw,ie,not running to full potential..

It sounds more like the fuel shut-off lever,in the carb is set too low.This adjustment is the most crucial in the the carb.Too low,and it starves for fuel,too high and it floods.

im supprised it runs at all, the blue one is the briggs & stratton type engine module.. for a 4 stroke.

I'm not sure at which RPM limit the brown module cuts in, but i run two in my Solo Twin which i used for racing and never struck any probs at all. I have found their modules very reliable in the past so i have stuck with them, when your on a good thing stick to it.

Mc Bob.

am goin to pull the carby down today Al,,probly needs a good clean out,,and will check everything out..
she runs like champion Ded....just cant get full noise out of her,,although does take a few pulls to get here going......
i thought that Bob,,my Dad has been using them for years as well(blue's on briggs for our power saws),,,dont think from memory he has ever had a single prob with one...thinking about it....i might of worked out how the blue one got on there :rolleyes: ....

well i've gone from good to bad...:(...she wont run at all now(but does kick)..so far i have-fitted new brown module..it did run but still had the dieing affect it had before at full revs,,so i played with the high jet a little and it did fix it but not totally....now to the silly part that i did,,i pulled the carby out and completely stripped it to check for dirt and give it a good clean out,,,all was ok except i did notice the fuel metering diagram's little nipple wasnt located in the fuel shut-off lever properly,,with this fixed and all parts back in correctly(was sure of this) i put it back on,,now being stupid i didnt take notice of how many turns both jets were out(DOH)...i have set these at one turn each out from gently seated position(as per mike acre's site about the walbro sdc carb)....now i am sure this is my problem,,if it is,,what should i set these at to first start it if it is wrong...if this isnt my prob,,what else should i do????

Back