Att SawTroll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What is the lightest Jred? something in the 40-50cc range. I am looking for a saw for the wife to use she can handle the 2152 but complains it is a bit heavy and likes to use the 2550 Poulan but complains it's ugly:) It has to be light and red and black. Is the 2145 lighter than the 2152? in real wight?
I don't have a problem with a women that want's the perfect saw for her! I will find it!

Last edited:
Husky 339xp - Witchy fell in love with that one immediately, even though she could handle the MS361 at the time.

She "grew up" with the Jonsy 621..........

Last edited:
What is the lightest Jred? something in the 40-50cc range. I am looking for a saw for the wife to use she can handle the 2152 but complains it is a bit heavy and likes to use the 2550 Poulan but complains it's ugly:) It has to be light and red and black. Is the 2145 lighter than the 2152? in real wight?
I don't have a problem with a women that want's the perfect saw for her! I will find it!

Hey Austin, having both the 2145 is noticeably lighter. Not by much but I can tell the difference when I pick them up. Mine is the older non "s" model without the spin start. You should check out the new 2240 or if you can find a 2141. Congrats on the wife! :cheers:

Hey Austin, having both the 2145 is noticeably lighter. Not by much but I can tell the difference when I pick them up. Mine is the older non "s" model without the spin start. You should check out the new 2240 or if you can find a 2141. Congrats on the wife! :cheers:
Ya I thought they were built on the same frame the 2145&2150. Was wanting to get a Jred already have the Jred chaps.
But I can get a Dolmar 401 for a good deal and she likes the look of the little 39cc Efco Bailey's has.
Thanks!

Husky 339xp - Witchy fell in love with that one immediately, even though she could handle the MS361 at the time.

She "grew up" with the Jonsy 621..........
Dam that thing is Ugly!!! even paited red and black wont help it lol:laugh: She can handle the 2152 fine for bucking but it does get tiring on the back, heck she has run the 7900:jawdrop:
But I do still think you should sell that 621 to me.

If you are looking at dolmar 401 also take a look at the new 350-420!

The 420 weights about the same as the 2145, and has less power - but quality surely is better............

I think the 401 is a very good idea, that really save some weight - but how about vibes???.

Last edited:
The 420 weights about the same as the 2145, and has less power - but quality surely is better............

I think the 401 is a very good idea, that really save some weight - but how about vibes???.

I question the statement in bold. Why do you think the 2145 is lesser quality than the 420? The plastic case? I think that design has proven itself quite well with the 2141, 2145, and the 2150.

Dam not going to happen! Vibes arn't a big concern for running maybe a half a tank of fuel.
She found my Mac my little Eager Beaver all 32cc of it and wont give it back:(

I just this summer put a new bar and chain on it and was planing on getting acquainted with a old friend again,Oh well I will just get a 401 for myself.
I have No problem with the Husky/Jred line of plastic case saws they seem to hold up very well. I was going to buy a 2150 but my dealer had a good deal on a used 2152.
The way I look at it is if I cut 10 cords a year ''full cords'' And each saw cut's a cord then my grand kids will get lightly used saw's.
Every saw you own should get equal run time.Otherwise they will squabble and fight amongst themselves.:monkey:

Last edited:
I question the statement in bold. Why do you think the 2145 is lesser quality than the 420? The plastic case? I think that design has proven itself quite well with the 2141, 2145, and the 2150.

Yep, it is mostly about the plastic case - but personally I'd surely take a 2150/350 over a 420 any day in the week.........:cheers:

The 420 is a bit of an orphan as I see it, where does it fit in really?

....well it is a better option than the Husky 340 and MS230 - but so what??????

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back