ATV Rack

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokinDodge

Powered by Cummins
Reaction score
I have been trying to come up with an atv rack that would do it all and not break the bank. Kolpin has a nice drop rack setup but it runs about $180 in my parts. In a moment of clarity (or insanity) I came up with this.

P1110123.jpg

P1110119.jpg

P1110116.jpg

P1110115.jpg

It's made out of 3/16's plywood I scored at work. I put 1x1 pine in the corners so there is something to fasten too and used some drywall screws I had. Total cost $50 minutes. My kinda project.

The sides down run past the rack by two inches to locate it side to side. There is a block that fits into the rack that keeps the back down. There are two zip ties in the front that hold the whole deal on/down. The 1x4 in the front just slides in so that when Mama wants a ride it's a simple affair to remove it. If I need to take the whole box off three seconds with a knife and two zip ties later it's gone.

It's large enough to hold 1.5 gallons of mix, 1 gallon of bar oil an 024 with a 16" and an 036 with a 20" and a carefully placed peavey if needed. And yes it's a husky oil jug with stihl saws. Sacrilege.

That looks great. Our costco here has a rack the same as that but metal with screen. They go for $45 canadian and are made by champion. $45 canadian is about $35 U.S. I bought one for my Rubicon. Sorry no pictures as the ATV is at the cabin.

here is my idea of chainsaw workbench for my atv.
it holds chainsaw for refueling in horizontal position from either side.
level platform for sharpening,adjusting chain tension.

Can't believe I'm saying this to a guy but.....

nice rack. :cheers:

I'd rep ya but i'm outta bullets...

Latest posts

Back